Thread: Calibration file Identification

Fuel Injected!

Calibration file Identification

Good evening all,
    I hope this is in the right forum,
    What I would like to know is, is there a way to know what calibration segment is on your pcm?
    In other words, lets say your original programming was for a 4L60E and you swap a segment from a
    vehicle that's supposed to have a 4L80E, but the bin file ( from this forum) doesn't specify that information.
    How can you be sure you have the segment for a 4L80e. If I might also ask, within TunerPro, how can you
    know if the pcm is set up for DBW? I swapped my OS for one that has more support and now I can't seem
    to get the electronic throttle to work. When I test ran the motor on my engine stand, it worked. I am considering
    swapping the old OS back and see if it works again. Now the motor is in the car with the new OS and it does not work.
    I have not completed the install, and I have not started engine yet, I have only powered the circuit with a battery and cables.
    I used LS Droid to swap but all you get is cal. numbers.
    I Didn't intend to make such a long post. I hope someone can help.

Thanks so much.

Administrator
    That's a good question. If you can get cal #'s and a VIN you can use https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/ to look up original information. Starting with the VIN you are brought through a series of screens which will show you calibration #'s. If the cal or segment you're seeing isn't current you can search history to see if you have an old calibration. If most of the segments are present but the one you're looking at is not present, you may have a cal with a swapped segment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks so much for the reply. I will check that out tonight. As for the electronic throttle issue...I got it working. I replaced the connector at the throttle body. I'm not sure if that was THE issue because I checked the original wiring with an ohm and all was good. The only thing I did different was that I used jumper cables from another battery instead of the battery charger. Either way I can move forward.