Thread: TunerPro RT Checksum error

Carb and Points!

TunerPro RT Checksum error

Hey guys, so I am working on a 2003 5.3l engine to go into my ar5 manual trans datsun 280z. I am writing a new bin file and when I try to save the file I get a message saying "Error - one or more checksums could not be updated. check checksum addressing, etc, for validity.". It still saves the bin though which is odd. I can still reupload the bin just fine. I will include the files that I started with (xdf and bin) and the final bin I am working on. Since it saved the bin could I just write it onto the p59 ecm? or would I brick it? Sorry for my ignorance as I cannot seem to find the particular solution from my own searching of the issue. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Fuel Injected!
    I checked the final bin and it have valid checksums. Not sure what went wrong to get that error. Try loading the base file and just save it to see if you will get that error again.

Not sure how good that xdf is, so I can`t promise you won`t get a brick.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    I checked the final bin and it have valid checksums. Not sure what went wrong to get that error. Try loading the base file and just save it to see if you will get that error again.

Not sure how good that xdf is, so I can`t promise you won`t get a brick.
    Thank you for checking the final bin for me. I will try and resave it and see. I got the xdf from http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...d-is-TunerPro) also the checksum plugins. From what I have read the others with the error were not able to get it to save at all where mine has the error but when I click out off the error it saves anyway.

Carb and Points!
    Well looks like 4 hours of research down the drain for a simple fix haha. Thank you for telling me to resave the originals to check if it would work. After I resaved them and then reopened and resaved my modified bin it saved with no error. Somehow it fixed it. Not sure how, but I will take it! Thanks again for checking on that final bin for me.

Carb and Points!
    im having this same issue did you add any plug ins to the tuner pro folder ? iam at a complete stand still

Carb and Points!
    Last edited by dangalb; 12-27-2021 at 01:27 AM. Reason: was old thread, didnt notice date