Thread: TunerProRT/Moates APU1 won't data log

Fuel Injected!

TunerProRT/Moates APU1 won't data log

Latest version of TunerProRT and using Moates APU1 setup. 7747 ECU

Bin - have tried several stock Bins, along with my modified (VE table mods, IAC tweaks) - AZFT, AZFW, ACLX

xdf - $42-1227747-V5.9.3.xdf

adx - $42-1227747-V5.2.adx

When I first set up the system on an unmodified ECU, I was able to log as well as view live data tracing. I have the new socket in the ECU. I have tried stock chips as well as chips that I burned.

TunerPro shows DA connected, and the record button is active, however nothing is recorded in the logs. I hit the record button, let it run for a minute, stop recording and it asks for a log name and it saves a blank log. I can't get it to live data trace either.

I downloaded fresh copies of the xdf and adx files tonight and pushed those in but still no data stream.

I know there is connection between the APU1 and the 7747 as the idle changes when I flip the 10K switch on the APU1. I know the APU1 connects to the PC as I have no issues burning chips.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselsj View Post
    Latest version of TunerProRT and using Moates APU1 setup. 7747 ECU

Bin - have tried several stock Bins, along with my modified (VE table mods, IAC tweaks) - AZFT, AZFW, ACLX

xdf - $42-1227747-V5.9.3.xdf

adx - $42-1227747-V5.2.adx

When I first set up the system on an unmodified ECU, I was able to log as well as view live data tracing. I have the new socket in the ECU. I have tried stock chips as well as chips that I burned.

TunerPro shows DA connected, and the record button is active, however nothing is recorded in the logs. I hit the record button, let it run for a minute, stop recording and it asks for a log name and it saves a blank log. I can't get it to live data trace either.

I downloaded fresh copies of the xdf and adx files tonight and pushed those in but still no data stream.

I know there is connection between the APU1 and the 7747 as the idle changes when I flip the 10K switch on the APU1. I know the APU1 connects to the PC as I have no issues burning chips.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Just about everyone else is probably more qualified to help than me, as I never delt with 7747 or $42. What I do know is that tuner pro has to be told what usb port you are using on the laptop. If you put it in the wrong one it won't see it. I always try the easiest things first.
    Other thoughts I have, are you sure the chip is in correct. When I first started my 727 with a memcal adapter, I had something wrong and not making connections. It still ran and drove on limp mode.

Other than that, I wouldn't know. Hope someone else has some better ideas for you.

Fuel Injected!
    In TPRT are the gauges in the dashboard responsive to what the engine is doing? If not, I'd suspect the CEL/SES is preventing the data acquisition. Key on engine off, you should get a solid CEL/SES light. Rapid blinking would indicate there might be something amiss with your socket install, PROM installed/oriented incorrectly, or PROM programmed incorrectly perhaps wrong offsets.

Did you install a G2? If you're trying to test with the original 2732, make sure it's installed with 4 pins near the zif lock lever vacant/open. Note: the orientation of the PROM with the semi-circle notch towards the zif lever, too.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks guys. I just needed to RTFM. Part of it was specifying the port and the other part was configuring for pass-thru mode. I've got a few nice logs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselsj View Post
    Thanks guys. I just needed to RTFM. Part of it was specifying the port and the other part was configuring for pass-thru mode. I've got a few nice logs now.
    Glad it was was easy. Happy tuning ��