Thread: Greetings from the Great White North

Carb and Points!

Greetings from the Great White North

Greeting,

My name is Dale and I am from Toronto, Canada. I am a high school Tech teacher which I support with my Electrician license and Automotive licence. I got into teaching when I turned 50 and have been enjoying ever since. I will be turning 57 this month and own several vehicles where one is my 1957 Chevy Bel Air ( 2 dr hardtop,original 283 V8, STD 3 in the tree and a 9 out of 10 quality). I would like to increase the cars drive ability and convert it to an LSX As I have a donor 5.3 l GEN 3 motor with 35,000 miles plus a complete 2001 Yukon for all the accessories/harness etc. My goal is to convert the the car over with the LSX electronics driving a 4l80e transmission with overdrive. I do not want to butcher the Chevy up but just bolt in swap parts as well as some upgrades. My son already got me an early present and it is a complete 4 wheel disk brake conversion kit from Summit. I have a 1969 Camaro 12bolt/posi/4.11 rear end that I want to bolt in to it for this swap. It should be a basic bolt in to the Chevy as they are supposed be the same width and mounting. I am having to do this on a budget.

So for the motor I am going to make my own standalone system with reworking the yukon harness and ECM. I will be working on that through the winter as I get ready for the conversion in the summer. The engine will be naturally aspirated with cam, headers and be in the range of 450 hp.

Thanks Dale

lt1swap.com has excellent LSx wiring harness information: https://lt1swap.com/wiringharness.htm

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Hi Dave thanks for the heads up.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Wolverine, my name is Paul and I live just over an hour from Toronto. Here is my 57 Chev Sports Coupe 283 PowerPack, 4bbl, dual exhaust, Powerglide, automatic 3.31 gears, 18mpg at 70mph over 1200 miles. It was bought in 1991, it had a frame off resto that was started and after the guy painted the frame he got out of the resto. Dad brought the car up from the Southern USA with tires installed, 5 different colours of primer on the body, trans in the backseat, with the engine in the front seat.

57chev.JPG
    57chev2.JPG

Any pics of your car Dale?

peace
    Hog

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    Hey Wolverine, my name is Paul and I live just over an hour from Toronto. Here is my 57 Chev Sports Coupe 283 PowerPack, 4bbl, dual exhaust, Powerglide, automatic 3.31 gears, 18mpg at 70mph over 1200 miles. It was bought in 1991, it had a frame off resto that was started and after the guy painted the frame he got out of the resto. Dad brought the car up from the Southern USA with tires installed, 5 different colours of primer on the body, trans in the backseat, with the engine in the front seat.

57chev.JPG
    57chev2.JPG

Any pics of your car Dale?

peace
    Hog
    Nice car. They just don't build style anymore.

Dale, hope there is enough room in your trans tunnel for 80e