Thread: Wideband on 7727 ecu

Fuel Injected!

Wideband on 7727 ecu

I recently got my Wb 02 sensor in to do some proper WOT tuning on my Corvette. Its a 1990 with the 1227727 ecu and S_AUJP v6.4 loaded. The wideband is a spartan2 linear with a Bosch 4.9. I wired it up today and have it replacing the NB just below the manifold in the stock location. The issue I have is that I can not for the life of me get a reading from the Wb side. Both outputs are wired to the ecu, Wb to C21 and NB to A16( stock) with a reasonable reading. I have put a multi meter to the Wb output to verify a signal and when cold reads 2.5v and running about 2v during warmup. Im sure I have checked or converted something wrong so I am including the .bin and .adx I'm using.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by space387; 12-06-2020 at 03:08 AM.

Maybe the information in the attached .zip will help.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Got it fixed, didnt change the reporting scalar #37 to 01C5

Quote Originally Posted by space387 View Post
    Got it fixed, didnt change the reporting scalar #37 to 01C5
    Yep, that's required. Glad it's now working. Would be interested in a follow-up post on how the NBo2 spartan2 simulation is working.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 84Elky View Post
    Yep, that's required. Glad it's now working. Would be interested in a follow-up post on how the NBo2 spartan2 simulation is working.
    So far the wideband is very unstable when at idle and light loads, and the Nb seems to only have 2 outputs of 0 and .990v. I am going to try relocating the sensor ground from the O2 ground line to the sensor ground used on tps before welding a second bung in.

So far the wideband is very unstable when at idle and light loads, and the Nb seems to only have 2 outputs of 0 and .990v. I am going to try relocating the sensor ground from the O2 ground line to the sensor ground used on tps before welding a second bung in.
    Tks for update. Unstable = perhaps not hot enough? Will be interested to see if another ground helps. Some WBs require solid grounds apart from anything else. 14.1 does not mention grounds in their on-line literature which is strange.

Fuel Injected!
    Tks for update. Unstable = perhaps not hot enough? Will be interested to see if another ground helps. Some WBs require solid grounds apart from anything else. 14.1 does not mention grounds in their on-line literature which is strange.
    The corvette has an o2 bung about 6 inches below the manifold totalling about 12 inches from the exhaust port. So this should be close enough, my last spartan 2 did fine at this distance on my firebird. They provide 2 ground wires from the module, one for heater ground and one for the sensor ground. With any luck I can get the ground moved tomorrow. If not I should still have a spare bung to weld in to the passenger side from and old innovate kit.

The corvette has an o2 bung about 6 inches below the manifold totalling about 12 inches from the exhaust port. So this should be close enough, my last spartan 2 did fine at this distance on my firebird. They provide 2 ground wires from the module, one for heater ground and one for the sensor ground. With any luck I can get the ground moved tomorrow. If not I should still have a spare bung to weld in to the passenger side from and old innovate kit.
    That's certainly close enough unless the heater is not working.

Fuel Injected!
    That's certainly close enough unless the heater is not working.
    Its probably just me being overly critical. Every other time I used a widebamd I was also using megasquurt so there may have been some smoothing there. It seems to be working will at this point. I'll add the last log file if anyone wants to look it over.