Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No values in TunerPro

Fuel Injected!
    Is the primary file the one that will be the main file with the alt file being the one swapped to it?

Fuel Injected!
    Yes, but the throw of those switches puzzled me at first when I did it wrong. I initially created the opposite BIN that I wanted because the toggle switches are counter intuitive to my mind. I consider the primary file to be the BIN being swapped "into" and the Alt being the donor.

You will know you got it right when you crack open your newly created BIN in Tuner Pro to see what you have. It took me three tries to get it right and I still think it is counter intuitive but it works.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!
    I played with it last night. Seems like I got it. Couldn't get my phone to send the file to my PC so that I could open it in tunerpro. At that point it was late. I will work on opening the file when I get home tonight. I wrote down the cal file numbers for both segments and checked to see if the numbers changed after swap. They did, so I assume I'd did it right. I would like to use your files for comparison, but only after I look at my tunerpro. I'll let you know.

Tom

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Tom,

Congrats and good plan on looking at it in Tuner Pro. I scored a P59 PCM that supports either DBW or DBC this morning for 16 bucks at my favorite junk yard and will try to load my segment swapped 7603 BIN into it tonight. If LS Droid / PCM Hammer / OBD Wiz / Moto OBD / Torque Pro all seem to think that PCM is running well and has the correct cal values, I will be OK with sending a copy of the BIN to you. That BIN should be run-able as is from me - VATS is disabled and my usual systems and DTC's are killed off. RPM is set to 650 or I can change it to whatever you desire.

I can also pass along my list of typical DTC's to kill.

Rick

Fuel Injected!
    Great, that's cheap for a pcm!I have an 0411 in the garage. I am in the process of setting up my lq9 in my 67 chevelle. I had my original ECM calibrated to run the engine until it was properly tuned. I ran it on my engine stand and it did run. I've been trying to figure out the tuner pro and the other tuning tools so that when I can run the car I'll know what I'm doing. I do have drive by wire set up on this engine, and it does work. I modified the DBW pedal and made a bracket so that I could mount the pedal assembly in the original mounting spot in the 67 Chevelle. I'll touch back later tonight. I plan to compare the 3 bins I worked with last night

Fuel Injected!
    Got It!
    Rick, As far as TunerPro shows, the segment swap went well. All engine and trans values correct. All I need to do now is send to ecm and see if engine runs. I have a few more things to complete before I can start the engine in the car. Thanks so much for your help, I learned a great deal and have a much better understanding of segment swaps and OS system. If you would, can you send the DTC's to disable, I want to use it as a reference tool.
    Tom

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Tom,

I'm in the process of writing mine to the PCM with PCM Hammer now and we shall see how it works very shortly. I can't get an attachment to go through so please PM me with your email address and I will send you the DTC list.

Rick

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Tom,

PCM Hammer finished the writing of my 7603 OS to my junk yard PCM but there for a few minutes, I thought I had turned it into a wheel chock brick. PCM Hammer has a recovery mode that worked and I guess my lucky streak continues because I have still not permanently killed a PCM.

My various OBD2 software apps think the new OS in this PCM is working correctly and I would be happy to send it you. As mentioned above, it should be a usable BIN but I have made no changes for anybody's speedometer calibration. I don't have a 4L80E so I made no changes to H0101, H0102, H0103 or H0104 for differential gearing, tire height or pulses per mile, etc.

Rick
    Last edited by B52Bombardier1; 12-06-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Rick,
    I made some changes to my version of the bin file, vats, cool fan temp., Prndl switch and max speed /rpm for DBW. It all took on the saved version of the file. As I said, I will bring pcm inside and load to it later today. I won't be able to run it until some items are completed with the engine Install. I used LSDroid to make the segment swaps. Should I use that or PCM Hammer to send to the PCM. Also, do you know anything about adx files. how would I get a gauge or dashboard to show up so that I can track data. Do you want my email address posted in this post or do I send it somewhere else? How do you do live tuning while the engine is running? Is there a way to do live changes? I know I'm not up to that point yet, but I'd like to get a head start to learn how this stuff works.

Tom

Carb and Points!
    Rick,
    I sent you a PM hoping to get a copy of your DTC List.

Thanks,
    Gene
    1970 Chevelle SS
    1965 Impala SS

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Tom,

I know of ADX files for use with Tuner Pro but have never used them because I have other ways of monitoring live engine running data.

I use a collection of different inexpensive OBD2 apps on my tuning computer or Android phone to monitor the operating parameters of my engine. I have "OBDWiz" for Windows and "Motor Data", "OBDLink", and "Torque Pro" that for basic operations are free of cost. For extended parameter ID's specific to the LS engine in my El Camino, I have paid five to ten bucks within one or two of these apps for monitoring extra things of interest.

I used PCM Hammer to do my writing last night because for some odd reason, I could not get LS Droid to work. I think that an Android update to my phone might have clobbered some aspects of LS Droid but I have no way to know for sure. At least the segment swap aspect of LS Droid continues to work. Because of this, I'm itching to spend 60-70 bucks for a used Kindle Fire on Ebay to run LS Droid on that kind of tablet.

Live tuning? Thus far, I have not felt the need to learn it. My swap was relatively easy and I made no radical changes to my engine from what GM had in it except for headers. No cam or fuel injector changes, etc. Therefore, no need for live tuning.

Gene - I sent my DTC list to the e-mail address that you PM'd me.

Rick

Carb and Points!
    Thanks Rick, I appreciate the list.

Gene
    1970 Chevelle SS
    1965 Impala SS

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Rick.
    I did a cam swap, headers etc. This the possible need for live tuning