Thread: yet another new guy here

Electronic Ignition!

yet another new guy here

I purchased a 1990 C1500 about six months ago. So far it has been a challenge with finding a cracked head, water pump shedding its impeller, fried ICM and thermostats. My intention is to build a new engine sometime in the next year with possibly an L98 cam and flat top pistons. I have a block rounded up that is currently bored .030 over, crank ground and new pistons installed.

This will make it necessary to do a little chip tuning to get it all working together.

Thanks for adding me to the forum!

Ken

A engine rebuild to the original stock specifications will work great with a stock chip. Stock chips and engine modifications almost always require chip tuning for optimal performance.

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks Dave! My goal is to have a nice clean running engine with hopefully a little better mileage. The cracked head resulted in a dry cylinder that made for a dry piston ring and wore slightly into the cylinder wall. If it weren't for that I would have put some new stock pistons and rings and called it a day. There was/is zero ring ridge despite the extremely high miles except for that one cylinder. It current;y used only about 1/2 quart of oil per 2000 miles. It has about 220,000 on the engine.

Yes I know it will require a updated chip to cope with the higher compression and bigger cam. part of the process.
    Thanks again!

Ken