Thread: Gearhead from Germany says hello!

Carb and Points!

Gearhead from Germany says hello!

Hello guys,

I want to say hello to this forum and all members here to prove I´m not a bot. ^^
    Registered myself here to snap some nice insider tricks of how to PROM tune the nice TPI system which I love.
    So just some quick infos to my person, dont want to bore you. ;)
    Age 24, coming from Germany, half-daily driving a 1988 Firebird Formula with 305 TPI (as long as its good wheather).
    Want to learn more about the tuning of the PROMS and thought here is a good place to start.

I would love to have some experienced person coaching me while I´m at it to learn it from first hand. In Germany its difficult to find that kind of person.^^ But maybe someone here is up to help with my try to start. I have so much question and dont know yet where to ask them...

Greetings,

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you considered converting from the MAF system computer 1227165 to the MAP system computer 1227730?

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/dfi-...30-f-body.html

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Chris,

And welcome to the group. Yes, there are people here that you can learn from and some of them will speak up soon but my interest is in tuning vehicles a little newer than yours - I will not be much help to you. Of course, you will need to acquire some hardware and wiring to do the tuning but the others around here can better advise you than I can.

Once upon a time back in the mid to late 1990's, I occasionally spent time at a German air base called Geilenkirchen when I was assigned to NATO.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!
    Hi Chris, I'm also from Germany! I thought I'm the only one from here :D

Do you have facebook?

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for welcome guys!

I dont`consider to go MAP system, but just because I dont know the advantages of it yet. Im sure Holley has a wiring harness kit and an ECU to convert to MAP with a complete new system. That sounds nice for me till now but it`s expensive. So I just purchased the Burn2 Chip Programmer from Moates.net and some chips with adapter. ALDL cable to datalog is also here. As far as datastream shows, it is in good running shape but far from perfect with stock chip and mods till yet. My problem is that I dont know how to start with spark/fueling, just wish someone could tell me that (maybe live in car) but I will take a look at the forum now.

@Rick: The place is telling me quite a bit, know some person coming from there. Hope your stay there was good and you took some nice memories back home from Germany.

@n8sh4de: Sorry, dont have things like facebook. But I´m also in the f-body-nation forum!

Greetings,

Chris
    Last edited by Chris_Formula; 11-08-2020 at 09:38 PM.

The factory MAP computer is one of the best supported OBD1 computers. Search "$8D" which is the software code for TPI system using MAP. Search "$6E" / "$32" / "$32B" which are the software codes for TPI system using MAF.

The factory MAP computer "1227730" conversion will cost less money than a Holley system.

dave w