Thread: Adding IAC gauge to .ADX file

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Cool Adding IAC gauge to .ADX file

Hello everyone! I would like to know how you add the IAC counts to an ADX file?
    I saved many .ADX files, and have a few “Dashboards” saved, but none that show
    the “IAC counts” when I did my first Data Log, that reading was not present, so
    I’m sure I have to add it to make it show up. Can anyone explain how to go about
    this, or share an .ADX file that will work with my 12200411 pcm, a 12208322
    operating system And last but not least, my Bin : see attached file I have long term
    fuel trims Turned off until I get my short term trims ironed out.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    “He who lives by the Sword, gets Shot by those who don’t”

Fuel Injected!

LT1 w/0411 pcm

Hiya Snipes,
    Here's the latest bin to try. I adjusted the speedo stuff for the 17 tooth reluctor(is that correct?) on your lt1 t56, 3.42 gear and 275/45-17 tire. Hopefully someone will help with a scanner file that reads the IAC counts. I think Steveo and others here have mentioned to make sure the IAC has plenty of activity since I guess it directs air through the plenum differently than other intakes.

I thought you had your own LT1 vs 0411pcm thread going somewhere :)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Carl,
    Yeah, I do, but I thought it might help someone else looking
    For a solution for just that problem, they wouldn’t have to search tons of posts
    to find an answer.
    Ben

Fuel Injected!
    Hi Ben,
    I use my efilive v2 for scanning and it's there so I never thought much about it. I hooked up my obdlink and sure enough it isn't there either. If you don't find the information soon, I'll look into it deeper so it can be added to tunerpro. I monitor IAC counts as well as TPS voltage(not sure if that is in the tunerpro stuff either, very important though). On the '0411 stuff the TPS voltage needs to be between .5-.6v as part of the idle strategy (without modifications).
    I apologize for not being able to help you full time, I am quite pleased with the progress though. Shoot, here we are talking in the wrong thread about your tune. Any cross reference to stuff and bins should be cross posted in that thread for future use.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Carl,
    I drove the car today, it runs so much better, but even after changing the bank 2 O2 sensor, it still doesn't read the sensor. I tested the sensor off the car to make sure it works, and it does, but not when connected to the harness. I even checked the harness for continuity between the pcm and the bank 2 O2 sensor connector. every wire tested good, guess I'm going to have to run individual wires from the sensor to the PCM.
    the car runs well, but lacks top end, but I'm sure the fuel/spark tables need some tweaking.....
    thanks again!
    Ben

Fuel Injected!
    Hello again everyone!
    Just wanted to post my findings to my latest problem(O2 sensor not reading)
    I was researching “testing Isolated Ground O2 Sensors” I found a post on another

https://www.s10forum.com/threads/oxy...g-help.530010/

Any way’s if you read on, the original poster says his O2’s were fluctuating between
    .450 to .455 mv, and another poster said he needed to post a picture if his sensors.
    Turns up, they were in fact “ Isolated Ground” O2’s. The sensors I just installed in my car
    were Identical, both with the black flat four wire plug.
    But, the right bank was reading exactly the same as the poster in the above mentioned
    website claimed.
    Now, I bought two new sensors off “Amazon.com” both were for a ‘96 LT1 application,
    The drivers side reads just fine, as it should. But the right bank would not. I’m guessing the
    Employee building that particular sensor wiring at the manufacturer “got his wires crossed”
    And used the wrong plug(black, flat four wire-vs. white “Square” plug)
    Any way’s I’ll add the ground to pin 63 on the blue C1 connector and tie them to the tan wires
    of the O2 sensors and take the car out for a test and do some logging and see how it runs.
    Have a Great Day!
    Ben Smith
    Last edited by Snipescastle2; 11-04-2020 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Fix