Thread: Trouble connecting with LS Droid

Carb and Points!

Trouble connecting with LS Droid

Hi all, I'll get right to the point and hope I'm missing something easy/stupid since few people enjoy a long post.
    I'm attempting to read a file from a PCM and keep getting the timing out message I will attach a screenshot of. Scan tool can read and clear DTCs in OBD Link. I am using an MX firmware version 4.7.4 and LS Droid 0.2.2B though I tried the latest stable version listed on the site also.
    I'm an auto tech by trade, so it's entirely possible I know enough about tuning to get in trouble, but not enough to get out of trouble.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    I can't help with LS Droid, as I don't use it. I've seen quite a few post relating to people having problems connecting with LS Droid. If the device is an MX+ you could try using PCM Hammer, but PCM Hammer doesn't support the MX.

Fuel Injected!
    Is this PCM installed in a vehicle or on a bench harness? If still inside the vehicle, two things can interfere with LS Droid:

1 - Vehicle battery voltage below 12.2 volts.

2 - Other modules / things inside the vehicle on the PCM bus such as an instrument cluster or maybe a body control module that don't go to sleep.

I have four PCM's of the "896" and "0411" variety plus one P59 and LS Droid never has a problem using my bench harness with a well regulated 13.8 VDC, three amp Radio Shack power supply.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Carb and Points!
    Neukam-I've heard of PCM Hammer and may try them out in the future. Biggest roadblock to me is as you stated. I have a MX not the MX+.
    B52Bombardier1-Good call on the battery voltage. I forgot to mention I was using a charger during my attempts to read the bin. My set up is installed in the vehicle with no other modules. With the help of the folks over at the LS droid site I was able to roll back the firmware for the MX scan tool and everything worked normally. So glad it was as simple as that. Thank you both for your input.

Fuel Injected!
    Glad you got it sorted