Thread: Idle & Block Learn Cells

Electronic Ignition!

Idle & Block Learn Cells

Hello All, Two questions. Working with 16197747, $OD, BJYL bin Engine has bored over throttle body from 42mm to 46mm and a Comp Cams CS XE249H-12, @.050 INT 206 & Ext 212 The engine idle is in cell #18 sometimes #19. The o2 sensor varies .900v to .050v with cross over counts adding up. I have been trying to find information on the BLM Cells to better understand how cells relate to the different driving parameters and relation to VE tables specifically ? Found some information here that led me to make changes to the BLM Boundaries so now I see greater variance in cells being used as I drive also all around drivability is noticeably better. My big thing is to see where the individual cells relate to groups of cells of the VE Tables. Another way to explain it what are the leaner to richer cells in the BLM. THANKS in ADVANCE

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Hello All, Two questions. Working with 16197747, $OD, BJYL bin Engine has bored over throttle body from 42mm to 46mm and a Comp Cams CS XE249H-12, @.050 INT 206 & Ext 212 The engine idle is in cell #18 sometimes #19. The o2 sensor varies .900v to .050v with cross over counts adding up. I have been trying to find information on the BLM Cells to better understand how cells relate to the different driving parameters and relation to VE tables specifically ? Found some information here that led me to make changes to the BLM Boundaries so now I see greater variance in cells being used as I drive also all around drivability is noticeably better. My big thing is to see where the individual cells relate to groups of cells of the VE Tables. Another way to explain it what are the leaner to richer cells in the BLM. THANKS in ADVANCE
    I'm in the middle of a project and was taking a break, hopefully others chime in too. THE BLM(long tem) is just stored values of a "block" that the integrator(short term) has been making changes to. Most of us tuners turn the BLM(LTFT) off 'till you get it tuned. The integrator is much faster moving around and will adjust individual cells instead of a "block".
    -Carl

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks for the response. I did not word question well. I under stand that part but really looking for a diagram/illustration overlaying the BLM Cells over the VE table. It would be great help when setting up BLM Boundaries. Finding a thread on here mentioning the boundaries help my engine a lot definitely making use of more cells. Also realized the $OD has 20 BLM cells which vagally remember reading somewhere cells 18 and 19 used for idle, not sure on that except my truck uses them no matter what I change in BIN experimenting.

Fuel Injected!
    I don't have all the details on the BLM cells, but they are defined by RPM Boundaries and MAP Boundaries. I believe there is a separate group of cells for A/C on/off and possibly for Park/Neutral. It should be fairly easy to log and make a table in excel showing the cell number for each mode. I hope this helps, but I'm not sure that I know what you're asking.

Electronic Ignition!
    Well I noticed something today while using ALDL scan tool app with my phone today. When I shift from drive to park the BLM cell went from 17 to 19 instantaneous? Well thats curious? Dropped it right back to drive and bang right back to cell #17. So looking at the my BJYL bin Flags 48EC there are BLM idle cells settings. Apparently there are Park, Neutral and A/C cells for idle which was one of my questions, DA? Know how many times I skipped over these?

Fuel Injected!
    I'm not a programmer and I usually don't have access to code for most of the things I work on, but I can usually get a pretty good idea of how things are programmed by forcing a device into certain states and observing the reaction. It's a good technique for learning and troubleshooting.

Electronic Ignition!
    Last night I disabled the three(3) BLM settings at 48EC now the engine idles in Cell #4 and seems to be a little smoother , drives the same otherwise so I'll see what happens.