Thread: Help with file

Carb and Points!

Help with file

hey!
    how do i know which file to use! there are some of the same model year!
    I have an LM7 5.3 flexfuel with 4l60e 2004
    according to VIN, they are from a Full Size Truck 4 • 2 1500.
    and which obd2 interface works with Pcm Hammer..
    /Kingen

Gearhead-efi library of 2004 .bin files: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rPro-Bin-Files

I'm thinking L59 was flexfuel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...l-block_engine

The Vortec 5300, or LM7/L59/LM4, is a V-8 truck engine. It is a longer-stroked by 9 mm (0.35 in) version of the Vortec 4800 and replaced the L31. L59 denoted a flexible fuel version of the standard fuel LM7 engine. Displacement is 5,327 cc (5.3 L; 325.1 cu in) from a bore and stroke of 96 mm × 92 mm (3.78 in × 3.62 in). Vortec 5300s are built in St. Catharines, Ontario and Romulus, Michigan. Another engine variant, the L33, shares the same displacement, but has an aluminum block with cast in cylinder liners, much like the LS1.

I'm unable to help with Pcm Hammer question.

dave w

Fuel Injected!

Fuel Injected!
    I have an old AVT 838(serial), an AVT 852(usb and does CAN), the obdlink SX(usb), vxdiag nano and https://obdxpro.com/ among many other things. The obdlink sx is the cheapest(very slow), the obdxpro vt was built by the pcmhammer guys and is very fast and quite reasonable as well. I'm a cable kinda guy so I have no experience with the wireless stuff. I also don't have comm issues ;)
    Last edited by In-Tech; 10-16-2020 at 03:33 AM.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    I bought the OBDX Pro USB version, but got impatient and ordered the VXDiag from Amazon. The VX works well and being able to use Tech2Win and TIS2000 makes it worth the extra money for me. The OBDX is still in the box. I hear they work well.

If you send me the VIN, I can probably get you the latest stock calibration from TIS2000. What is your situation? Did you do a swap and not get the PCM? In case you aren't familiar with the process, you can read the calibration from the PCM with PCM Hammer when you get an interface.

Fuel Injected!
    Neukam, sorry, a bit off topic, are you able to get some stuff off of tis for free? If so I probably have a couple vin files I would like to get, we can pm if it's an easy thing for you. I like my vxdiag too :)
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    I use TIS2000 which is the old dealer reflash system and was discontinued after 2008ish, not TIS which is the newer online system. I can flash all day for free. If you want to PM me some VINs, I'll try to get them for you.

Fuel Injected!
    I use a Bluetooth OBDLink MX+ with PCM Hammer. Works great. I strongly suggest buying a spare PCM at the junk yard as a lab rat test device that you can play around with at zero risk. Also buy the wiring pieces you need to make an OBD2 bench harness and acquire a 2-3 amp 12 volt DC power supply for it.

There are several files you could use. What PCM are you using? Red/blue connectors or blue/green connectors?

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!
    ^^^Good advice. $40 at the you-pull well spent. Leave a foot of harness attached to the PCM and they usually don't charge extra for it. Then save the extra wiring. It comes in handy.

Carb and Points!
    I have blue/green connectors

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neukam View Post
    I use TIS2000 which is the old dealer reflash system and was discontinued after 2008ish, not TIS which is the newer online system. I can flash all day for free. If you want to PM me some VINs, I'll try to get them for you.

Fuel Injected!
    That makes it a one megabyte P59 PCM for you and your only good choice for a BIN / OS is 12587603. This BIN comes with a richly featured XDF file which should be perfect for you.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!
    Kingen84 I got your PMs. I should be able to get it sometime tomorrow. Since it's a 2004, there's a good chance that it will be 12587603. If it isn't, you may want to download a bin with that OS from this site. I'll let you know what I find.

Fuel Injected!
    Here is the latest calibration for the VIN you sent me. It is OS 12606960 and replaces the OS 12587603 that is in your PCM. I highly recommend that you don't use it. There is no XDF available for it that I'm aware of. The 12587603 that is in your PCM is well supported. My recommendation is to read it out with PCM Hammer, save a backup of the bin and work with that.
    Attached Files Attached Files