Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: autoprom help

autoprom help

ok... i think i have an issue. downloaded my xdf,bin and ads should be stock files,installed my g adapter in the truck (95 c1500 5.7 with7427) memcal, truck ran but with high idle 1500rpm+\- shut truck down checked a few thing. tried to restart and no start, pulled autoprom installed the memcal chip(stock) back in to see if i screwed up the bin some how and no start but now it dumps(will fill the bore with fuel) fuel out of one injector and the other is dead. so needless to say my fist attempt at tuning is a fail lol. truck is all stock but trying to learn tuning before i put the fastburn in it, so some direction is greatly appreciated.
    Kinda Retarded

Fuel Injected!
    Change checksum to AA for emulation.

is that a setting in tunerpro or autoprom
    Last edited by Fast95; 10-15-2020 at 04:47 AM.
    Kinda Retarded

Fuel Injected!
    In 0D it should be in your bin file under mask. It's a scalar. As of now it should say 0D...change to AA to emulate and save bin

thank you. ill look for it, im in the learning stages so im sure ill have more issues to work out as i go. i did manage to grab some data log so i guess im moving in the right direction.
    Kinda Retarded

ok dumped old bin,xdf,ads files and loaded new bin,xdf but for some reason i cant get the ads to load(operator error im sure) but still at key on both injectors will dump fuel and flood the motor even with autoprom removed and factory chip installed. at this point im thinking i have screwed the pooch on this one. its like i have monkeyed with the fuel pump some how, or jacked the injector pulse up somewhere, glad this isnt my daily driver. the learning curve on tuning is kicking my tail.
    Kinda Retarded

Fuel Injected!
    If you're using TunerPro RT v5, I think you want the ADX and not the ADS. Try A217 $0D TP5 v250.adx http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-0D

Anytime I've messed with $0D, $0E, $31 PCMs and got a check engine light, I couldn't do anything with TPRT and required the battery to be disconnected to clear the codes then start all over.
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 10-15-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Electronic Ignition!
    I have had problems emulating with tunerpro & autoprom. I bought several computers before I realized that I spiked the computers while emulating & could remove power and that would return the computer to normal. Try a disconnect before you buy a new one. I have several 16197427 computers if you need one

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast95 View Post
    ok... i think i have an issue. downloaded my xdf,bin and ads should be stock files,installed my g adapter in the truck (95 c1500 5.7 with7427) memcal, truck ran but with high idle 1500rpm+\- shut truck down checked a few thing. tried to restart and no start, pulled autoprom installed the memcal chip(stock) back in to see if i screwed up the bin some how and no start but now it dumps(will fill the bore with fuel) fuel out of one injector and the other is dead. so needless to say my fist attempt at tuning is a fail lol. truck is all stock but trying to learn tuning before i put the fastburn in it, so some direction is greatly appreciated.
    I just reread this...soooo you're trying to use emulation right off the bat! With everything setup correctly and before you start the engine, you need to make sure TunerPro RT is reporting that you are in fact emulating which you'll see at the bottom left of the screen a green color block with the words "Emulating." Once you get there, DON'T start the engine just yet. With Key On Eng Off, you should get a solid "Check Engine Light." NOW you can start the engine. If the CEL is blinking rapidly, then something is amiss, hardware configuration/connection.
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 10-15-2020 at 11:19 PM.

emulation was green and the truck was running on emulation but with a high idle so i shut the truck down to check the throttle return just to see physical state then koeo good cec light tried to start, no start just turned over, smelled gas so went to check things again and and from the top of the tv`s was fuel running down the side of the tb, then with the koeo i discovered that the injectors would run continuously until the key was off. disconnected autoprom from ecm then installed the factory memcal, with koeo still same injector issue, so ive come to the conclusion that flooding was causing the no start. ok just disconnected the batt and for a few everything is good on the factory chip, spiked the ecm i believe. i downloaded the latest ver of tunerpro rt last week so it should be upto date,
    Kinda Retarded

Quote Originally Posted by bar0403 View Post
    I have had problems emulating with tunerpro & autoprom. I bought several computers before I realized that I spiked the computers while emulating & could remove power and that would return the computer to normal. Try a disconnect before you buy a new one. I have several 16197427 computers if you need one
    that fixed it!!! it will run fine on the factory chip.... yuge thanks. this is a lesson learned that i will soon not forget.
    Kinda Retarded

so now that the truck is back in emulation it runs but idling around 1600-1700 rpm. my question is can i delete the error flags and are these stored codes so to speak.
    Kinda Retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Stokes1114 View Post
    In 0D it should be in your bin file under mask. It's a scalar. As of now it should say 0D...change to AA to emulate and save bin
    i found it and changed it to aa will that allow for the tunerpro to make live changes. before i changed this the truck was unresponsive to anything that was changed.
    Kinda Retarded

Fuel Injected!
    This explains it better than I can. http://support.moates.net/obd1-gm-checksum-disable/

Wanted to note that if you hover over the items in the parameter tree, pop up window sometimes have useful bread crumbs left by the person that wrote the xdf or you can select parameter and press F2 to view. All those read mes in the pic have useful info too

Quote Originally Posted by stew86MCSS396 View Post
    This explains it better than I can. http://support.moates.net/obd1-gm-checksum-disable/

Wanted to note that if you hover over the items in the parameter tree, pop up window sometimes have useful bread crumbs left by person that wrote the xdf or you can select parameter and press F2 to view. All those read mes in the pic have useful info too
    good deal, the link helped. im green in the tuning world. i found an interest in the tbi system for my 385 fastburn and took the leap,sure i can just slap a carb on it and go but what fun would that be? i like the idea of better control over operation than available with a carb. thank you for the help.
    Kinda Retarded