Thread: Tuning out Knock Sensors to get rid of code 43 in my 95 LT1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Tuning out Knock Sensors to get rid of code 43 in my 95 LT1

I have had a code 43 in my 1995 Caprice 9C1 (LT1) and have put in new sensors, sensor connectors and bypassed the harnessed and wired the KS to the computer, bought a new ECM. I started putting ground straps everywhere and it STILL wont turn off. Its been going on for months now and I cant think of anything else except add more straps. Everythings torqued to spec and wires are right. Is it possible for me to use tunerpro RT and disable the KS so my light will be off? Sure i risk detonation but I have been for the past 6 months at least becuase nothing i have done has worked. Getting 9 mpg in something that can get up to 20 if i behave like i did before is not good for the wallet and with it not working anyway it cant be good for the car

leadfoot from impalassforum.com said this:

"My race 409 was blowing them all the time. Code 43 pulls 5 degrees of timing, mine would run at the track, just fine, plus my tune has KR disabled at WOT, anyway.

Too much effort to chase issues, I just had my tuner disable code 43 in the PCM. I've never had detonation issues, but I do run an additive, just for safety's sake.

Might not work for you, but I don't get the CEL any more."

what do you guys think and how can i do it if i can do it? Iv thrown a new ECM, Knock sensor, wires, connectors, knock modules (stock and LT4) and it wont go away. To tune it out or not to tune it out?
    Last edited by CapriceLT1; 06-08-2012 at 09:14 PM.