Thread: Hi everybody

Carb and Points!

Hi everybody

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. My current project is a 1974 Chevy G10 that I put a 5.3 Ls engine that is mated with a Th350. It still needs the pcm flashed, fuel system installed, transmission cooler and lines, and a radiator and a few other parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sitrucjr; 10-14-2020 at 04:08 AM.

Looks really nice man. what kind of tuning are you thinking of running? I have hp tuners,efi live and of course I can use tuner pro. let me know if i can help you with a base tune.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks. I’m not sure about what tune yet. Do you mean like performance tune or street tune when asking about what kind of tune? I appreciate you offering your help man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitrucjr View Post
    Thanks. I’m not sure about what tune yet. Do you mean like performance tune or street tune when asking about what kind of tune? I appreciate you offering your help man.
    well to me there's not much difference between a street tune and a performance tune NA in less you have nos or are running a blower or turbo. I would give you a base tune that set's you up for good fueling at wot and a good spark map that is not going to have knock if you run 91-93 octane. I can also set it up so if your running 87 octane but your going to sacrifice some power running lower octane. I would also do some transmission tuning I am guessing your running a 4l60e transmission? if so you should probably do a shift kit and a corvette servo to make it live longer if you plan on having a lot of fun with it.

Carb and Points!
    I plan on daily driving it so a base tune sounds good. I have a old th350 non electric mated to it.