Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TP FLAGS-OXYGEN SENSORS

Fuel Injected!
    FANS AND A/C uploads: AWESOME! AWESOME! ... yea, easier for the "brian" to understand (*brain lol)

Oh, yea, MAP! i scrolled back up to #4 and saw we were talking about both. but you were only talking about testing the MAP.

Ok on the check valve, i left it there because it was OEM for the Caprice but i didnt think about the elkys own cap that is also vented. So does that mean that the Caprice didnt have a vented Cap? just curious, didnt notice when i had the donor car. that was like 12 yrs ago and only had it for about 2 months. I'll keep an eye on that possible liquefied fuel getting to the canister. i replaced my original 84 elky fuel tank to a new baffled tank from an 86' 4.3L elky. Also, i have the in tank fuel pump and the vapor line comes out of the top of the tank. With all of this, the canister sits @ the frame level (near rear bumper)and about mid level with the tank. so hopefully i get no fuel in the line.

Fuel Injected!
    The Caprice has the same cap as the El Camino according to RockAuto. If the check valve is original to the Caprice then it should be fine to leave it in place. I wouldn't be too concerned about liquid fuel getting into the canister. I assume the vapor line is located towards the top of sending unit, closest to the top of the bulge in the tank. Any fuel that sloshes into the line will get absorbed and later purged into the engine. Anything you can easily do to minimize it is a good thing, but I wouldn't put too much effort into it. The check valve, if located up near the tank, may also help to minimize it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neukam View Post
    I made a few small changes from the bin you uploaded. I'll discuss it later when I have more time.

I used this XDF http://fbodytech.com/eex-tunerpro-definition/

Edit: Made a revision to uploaded file
    Hi Neukam,
    I've been absorbing/reading about the EEX 4.1 Def. Usually I only have Sunday off and couple hrs during the weekdays. this is what i did since last week.

For EE Hack:Got the elky out for a datalog run up and down the street under 25 mph, but noticed when i saved the log, no Trans/Diag/AD info was saved...... IDK why.

EEX.xdf : i downloaded this from your link in Post #9, now i understand where you got those values from when i asked you in Post#13. i went thru all the folders and reviewed the comments.. Man! what a tutorial. i did understand about those particular flags/scalars/tables when it was explained in the comments on what they meant... to an extent of my brain understanding it all. i have this for you(skipping around those folders):

The Emission devices: great research done about the EGR table, answers my question of "where did you get these values"

Auto Transmission: wanted to read this section especially because of my shift kit i installed. But that didnt seem to be a subject, is anything adjusted for adding a shift kit?
    On the "kickdown normal mode up/down shift point" i noticed the shift from 3rd-4th is @ 255 mph, really? of course there is probably some rational reason but just thought that was weird.

Instrument Calibration: Say i am driving down the highway side by side w/another car and their speedo is accurate @ say 55 mph but mine reads 45,50 60,65 etc. is this where i would go to adjust the VSS table?

Fan Control: still need to concentrate on wiring it up per your instructions/guidance

Error Check: CCP(ERR 26), we talked about this but since i have a 5 minute memory. I should be un-checking this in the flags right?

The last folder, the "unknown/Research"...the "DGDTT".... i thought that was hilarious.

I appreciate you taking the time in editing my Bin with the good guidance given in the EEX.xdf , along with your knowledge! I will be trying to accomplish the other task i need to do that we talked about and then a few more questions on the Cam and headers and i think after that, the next step would be flashing the PCM with the new Bin data and see how everything looks.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by toyinhawaii View Post
    Hi Neukam,
    I've been absorbing/reading about the EEX 4.1 Def. Usually I only have Sunday off and couple hrs during the weekdays. this is what i did since last week.

For EE Hack:Got the elky out for a datalog run up and down the street under 25 mph, but noticed when i saved the log, no Trans/Diag/AD info was saved...... IDK why.
    I've never used EE Hack. I'm not sure I can help you with this one. Sometimes when I have problems with a program, running it in Administrator mode helps.

EEX.xdf : i downloaded this from your link in Post #9, now i understand where you got those values from when i asked you in Post#13. i went thru all the folders and reviewed the comments.. Man! what a tutorial. i did understand about those particular flags/scalars/tables when it was explained in the comments on what they meant... to an extent of my brain understanding it all. i have this for you(skipping around those folders):
    Some sharp people put a lot of hard work into that XDF. Many thanks to all of them.

Auto Transmission: wanted to read this section especially because of my shift kit i installed. But that didnt seem to be a subject, is anything adjusted for adding a shift kit?
    On the "kickdown normal mode up/down shift point" i noticed the shift from 3rd-4th is @ 255 mph, really? of course there is probably some rational reason but just thought that was weird.
    This is another example of setting a parameter to it's max value to disable the function. By setting the 3-4 shift in kickdown mode, the trans will never upshift to 4th while in kickdown mode. With the shift kit, you may need to adjust shift speed and line pressure parameters. I'm don't have any experience here, but you'll probably need to experiment with this to get it to shift the way you want it to. If you can log the PCM's learned adaptive values, that may give you some feedback on what you need to adjust.

Instrument Calibration: Say i am driving down the highway side by side w/another car and their speedo is accurate @ say 55 mph but mine reads 45,50 60,65 etc. is this where i would go to adjust the VSS table?
    Yes. Are you planning to run an electronic speedometer? In your previous post, you seemed to indicate that you are using a mechanical speedometer. If that is the case, adjusting this will not affect your speedometer, but it will affect how the PCM interprets the speed of the car, and shift points. It's not absolutely critical that this is accurate, but tuning transmission parameters might be easier if the PCM's interpreted speed matches the actual speed.

Error Check: CCP(ERR 26), we talked about this but since i have a 5 minute memory. I should be un-checking this in the flags right?
    You can leave this checked if you are going to hook up the canister purge valve. I've been thinking about the check valve. It still doesn't make sense to me to have a check valve between the canister and the tank. Is it possible that this is a rollover valve and not a check valve? If it is, make sure it is in the proper orientation.

The last folder, the "unknown/Research"...the "DGDTT".... i thought that was hilarious.
    I'm glad there are still people with a sense of humor.

I appreciate you taking the time in editing my Bin with the good guidance given in the EEX.xdf , along with your knowledge! I will be trying to accomplish the other task i need to do that we talked about and then a few more questions on the Cam and headers and i think after that, the next step would be flashing the PCM with the new Bin data and see how everything looks.
    As far as tuning the cam, I'm not the most qualified to give you tuning advice. When you get to that stage, you might want to start a new thread seeking guidance. You'll need to adjust your timing and VE tables. You'll want to dial in your MAF scaling as well, but that might not be too far off, depending on how similar the intake duct is compared to the Caprice. You may also need to adjust Acceleration Enrichment and idle speed.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neukam View Post
    I've never used EE Hack. I'm not sure I can help you with this one. Sometimes when I have problems with a program, running it in Administrator mode helps.

ok, i think you mentioned that also before about running it in admin mode on a different question i had.

This is another example of setting a parameter to it's max value to disable the function. By setting the 3-4 shift in kickdown mode, the trans will never upshift to 4th while in kickdown mode. With the shift kit, you may need to adjust shift speed and line pressure parameters. I'm don't have any experience here, but you'll probably need to experiment with this to get it to shift the way you want it to. If you can log the PCM's learned adaptive values, that may give you some feedback on what you need to adjust.

yea, i thought there was something funny about setting that @255mph. if this needs adjusted i would probably need to wait until i get some highway time on the car to see how she feels. and then look at your guidance.

Yes. Are you planning to run an electronic speedometer? In your previous post, you seemed to indicate that you are using a mechanical speedometer. If that is the case, adjusting this will not affect your spee mightdometer, but it will affect how the PCM interprets the speed of the car, and shift points. It's not absolutely critical that this is accurate, but tuning transmission parameters might be easier if the PCM's interpreted speed matches the actual speed.

no current plans to run an electronic /digital speedo. but yes i am running the OEM analog speedo. i just thought that being i modified the VSS>cable drive that there was some additional tuning that needed to be done.

You can leave this checked if you are going to hook up the canister purge valve. I've been thinking about the check valve. It still doesn't make sense to me to have a check valve between the canister and the tank. Is it possible that this is a rollover valve and not a check valve? If it is, make sure it is in the proper orientation.

no, i dont think so, it does have a flow arrow on it and i can hook up a hose going in and coming out. a rollover valve is usually located on or near the tank i think isnt it? this was originally all the way forward behind the DS headlight

As far as tuning the cam, I'm not the most qualified to give you tuning advice. When you get to that stage, you might want to start a new thread seeking guidance. You'll need to adjust your timing and VE tables. You'll want to dial in your MAF scaling as well, but that might not be too far off, depending on how similar the intake duct is compared to the Caprice. You may also need to adjust Acceleration Enrichment and idle speed.
    ok, thank you. what little i know is like what you said about the timing and VE tables. and yes, i'll try to get all of my previous stuff in this thread taken care of first.

i got some blasted honey do stuff this afternoon to do but i'll try to start on the elky early tomorrow morning... before the chickens wake up lol