Thread: TP FLAGS-OXYGEN SENSORS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

TP FLAGS-OXYGEN SENSORS

I have been trying to learn this whole tuning thing for a long time, so very much to comprehend. Maybe i am at the point of asking questions. I would like to start off with this.
    i had the PCM tuned long ago and had the O2's turned off( with many others flags). i know now from reading i probably need them. O2's (new delcos) have been welded back on just after the collectors. ERR 44 is the only one on, do i simply "set" the others? There is no other mention (unless i missed them)of O2's in the Scalars or Tables to edit. i have created an editing Bin that i will use to tune with, my original Bin has been marked with do not edit. Here is my screenshot. i will also like advise on my EE HACK screen shot, tuning my cam, etc. this will come later(one at a time)..... thanks in advance for all the help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by toyinhawaii View Post
    i have created an editing Bin that i will use to tune with, my original Bin has been marked with do not edit.
    By "original bin" do you mean the bin that was tuned long ago, or the stock bin that was used as a base? I would compare to a stock bin to see exactly what has been changed and decide whether each of the changes should stay, or be reverted. TunerPro has a very nice compare tool that makes it copy changes from one bin to another. If you're going to copy changes using the compare tool, you may have to run TunerPro as administrator. I have found that it sometimes doesn't work correctly if you don't. Also, try changing the view in the Parameter Tree from "Parameter Type" to "Parameter Category". That should group and organize your parameters and make them easier to find.

Fuel Injected!
    hi Neukam,
    Thats right! thanks for catching that, my "original Bin" is the one that was tuned long ago, so therefore i have no base stock bin to compare. i went to the "bins files,definitions, hacks,etc. >bin/>found my 16188501/. but then i couldn't identify where a stock bin for my 94 caprice "B" is. i did see how to navigate and use the compare tool to compare bin files from the tutorial(basic LT1 tuning(junkracecars) on youtube) but have never done that yet. the LT1 is in an 84 El Camino, from the receipt i have from 2007 it stated the tire size and gears were changed(but will need those changed again to 17" tire and 3:08 gears (7.5")) doesn't say anything else but, from memory of what they did compared to the FLAGS, what was turned off was :the VATS, Traction control, C.A.R.S.,EGRs, all A/C's, VSS is off(did the stealth conversion, so speedo is ok)MAF and MAF is off and i removed the MAP but seems like i need them on and to reinstall the MAP. elky is still a garage queen since 2005 ,but have had it up and down the street, it is drivable. i am concerned though about the MAF and MAP on how to handle those. here is my EE hack datalog, this is just 5 minutes if idling.

Fuel Injected!
    Have you gone to this page... http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-EE-EEB Perhaps you could download a bin that is closely related to your engine donor and do your compares.

Fuel Injected!
    Stew, i do recall seeing this page, thanks. from post #6 and #7 i downloaded 5 of the 6 1994 related bins i will l compare and try to make sense of these.
    downloaded post#8 WOT BLM. NOT SURE BUT THE END RESULT LOOKS LIKE better throttle response? i think my EE hack saw mine @WOT around 96%, forgot where exactly i was fiddling around with it
    post#9 looks very helpful but didnt download yet
    post#10 not sure on this, maybe i already have the latest version??? IDK?
    post #11,#13 and #14 , will read about these...especially #14

thanks for referring that thread

Fuel Injected!
    Stew, i do recall seeing this page, thanks. from post #6 and #7 i downloaded 5 of the 6 1994 related bins i will l compare and try to make sense of these.
    downloaded post#8 WOT BLM. NOT SURE BUT THE END RESULT LOOKS LIKE better throttle response? i think my EE hack saw mine @WOT around 96%, forgot where exactly i was fiddling around with it
    post#9 looks very helpful but didnt download yet
    post#10 not sure on this, maybe i already have the latest version??? IDK?
    post #11,#13 and #14 , will read about these...especially #14

thanks for referring that thread
    I'm in the same boat as far as never have tuned an LT1 before. Never crossed that bridge, yet but definitely want to learn. As far as ^^^post #8, you need to dial in your VE tables before using that tool to dial in PE (power enrichment). It's a little gray to me but you disable MAF to tune VE w MAP??? Is MAF tuning anything like LV8 in '165 TPI???

Can you elaborate...are you using a cable drive from the 4L60E to drive the stock speedo? The stock speedo can provide a 2k pulse signal but Idk if the LT1 PCM can use it. '7730 you can uncheck mag sensor. If anything the PCM is probably looking for the 40 tooth reluctor pulse per mile. Someone correct me if I have this all wrong. Oh are you using both in the same tailhousing???
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 10-13-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    VSS is off(did the stealth conversion, so speedo is ok)MAF and MAF is off and i removed the MAP but seems like i need them on and to reinstall the MAP.
    So, to clarify, you have no VSS, MAF, or MAP connected? Also, I don't know what the stealth conversion is. Most PCMs are difficult to tune without a functional VSS and it's always recommended to have one. MAP is pretty darned important. You definitely want that hooked up. MAF can probably be removed, if necessary, but having direct measurement of the airflow into the engine helps with drivability. I'd keep that if possible. I don't recommend removing any sensors or emission controls without good reason. I've never played with tuning an LT1, nor am I an expert tuner, but if you post your bin, I can have a look. Also post some details of your swap like any deleted or added sensors, engine modifications, any details of the swap that you think might be relevant. Also what transmission are you running?

Fuel Injected!
    hi Neukam,

VSS- the FLAG :ERR 72 NO VSS SIGNAL DIAG. AND 97 VSS SIGNAL DIAG. BOTH IS UN CHECKED MARKED. But only ERR 97 4k pulses circuit failure is popping up for ECM trouble code(in EE Hack), this does not appear in the flags. Since the speedo gauge i have is OEM cable to the El Camino i installed:

https://jagsthatrun.com/products/par...aee2972c&_ss=r

https://jagsthatrun.com/products/spe...aee2972c&_ss=r

https://jagsthatrun.com/products/oem...b5ae21df&_ss=r

MAF IS INSTALLED ,FLAG: ERR 48 MAF SYSTEM DIAG. IS UN CHECKMARKED

MAP IS INSTALLED (my bad, i misspoke, just visually checked, in the same area as the map is the evap purge canister solenoid, this solenoid has been removed, not the map), FLAG: ERR 33 HIGH MAP DIAG. IS UN CHECKMARKED. But only ERR 34,map sensor low is popping up for ECM trouble code(in EE Hack)this does not appear in the flags.

Here is my "original" Bin file(after street performance got done with it), : see attached

Engine swap/mods done:

Removed: air pump,cat,EGR,,,,mmmm i think thats all, its been so long i kinda forget. is there usually anything else that gets removed? No added sensors.

Mods: Pro Comp Cam #07-305-8, Long tube headers, bored 0.030 over, Bosch 3 injectors/24 lb./PN fic24tpi, running twin electric cooling fans

TRANSMISSION:
    4L60E- REBUILT by me and long distance video conference with my nephew(transmission shop owner in Arkansas)

Transstar parts:
    #N74020chk.........Bands
    #74004E..............M.L/S 4L60E
    #74175DVK..........Ring kit
    #D74979B...........Retainer w/springs
    #A74747EA..........Valve body T plate

MOD: #T74165E.......Shift kit 4L60/70/75
    Attached Files Attached Files