Thread: L31 lazer. With a hot cam

Carb and Points!

L31 lazer. With a hot cam

I need some help with tuning my s10 blazer I have a 96 block with a 97 heads and a 98 intake manifold I bought a hot cam kit that came with beehive springs and 1.6 roller rockers I have replaced all the sensors with one sensors and the disbutor with oem but changed the gear to a melanized gear and replaced the headers with hedman herders and a 255 whirlwind fuel pump and I bought a jet DST tuner but Iam not to sure what va tables I need to change Iam trying to figure this out I have a 76 chevy that I put a cam in but I tuned it with a timing light and change the float pins and springs I did put a aem air/fuel gauge in my blazer at idle it reads 14.7 but at wot it reads 13.8 if anyone can you help me out I really appreciate it this has been my project for 3 years now

Carb and Points!
    Ima still using stock black box pcm

Does Jet DST record engine information (RPM, Fuel Trims, Spark Advance, MAP, CTS ect, ect, ect) when the engine is running?

dave w

Carb and Points!
    No sadly it doesn't I just ordered a Bluetooth obd2 data logger it should be here on the 22

Quote Originally Posted by 94lazer350 View Post
    No sadly it doesn't I just ordered a Bluetooth obd2 data logger it should be here on the 22
    That's a good plan. The data logger will help determine when changes made to flash are positive or not.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Why did you change the distributor gear? Vortec distributor already had the correct gear for a roller cam.

Carb and Points!
    So I had the oem gear but the cam was eating it up the hot cam acquired the melonized gear same as the Comp Cam

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 94lazer350 View Post
    So I had the oem gear but the cam was eating it up the hot cam acquired the melonized gear same as the Comp Cam
    I have used many Hot Cams. They do not require a melonized gear. They use the same GM gear on the LT4 oil pump stub shaft as the L31 gear.

Carb and Points!
    Sorry man I didn't mean to offend you I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong with my truck only has 300 miles on it and I just need help with the tune I must have just had a bad timing gear I went with a melanized gear cuz that's what I used in my 76 Chevy if I can just get help with the tune and I can get this thing back on the road

I'm waiting to see a data log.

I always use a modified (11 millimeter I.D.) melodized gear on an "Imported Distributor" regardless of what kind of cam is being used.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Thanks Dave w as soon as I get them I will send them your way ��