Thread: Hi, this is Paul hope you can help!

Carb and Points!

Hi, this is Paul hope you can help!

I am doing a 6.0 swap in 94 Chevy 4x4 truck. engine is in wiring harness is done? trying to get a ecm
    to make it run. bought OBDlink Mx+, ls droid tuner pro. read my ecm need to disable vats.
    the ecm OS is 9373372 I am looking for compatible xdf file for it.

I picked up a ecm from junkyard to test read & write, bricked it when I tried to write it!!
    hopefully someone has a copy.

might try another junkyard ecm and change os in it might be easer!

Thanks, Paul

Fuel Injected!
    What PCM are you using? A P01 512k byte device (red/blue connectors) or a 1 megabyte P59 (blue/green connectors)? I don't believe that I've ever seen an XDF for 9373372 but it could be out there. I would prepare yourself for the likelihood that you will be overwriting your entire OS / BIN with something totally different that does have a matching XDF.

And that PCM is probably not bricked but you may soon be taking the lid off to ground a pin on the board at power up.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!
    Hello,
    Hopefully the ground method Rick mentioned will help you recover the PCM. That OS you mentioned is from a '99 but I don't have any 6L files from that year. If you don't mind, please post the bin file so I can check it out to make sure it's a good read and also have for my archives.
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    Hi, thanks for quick response. it is P01 I will try to recover it in the morning.
    I am trying to change OS to 12208322 found matching OS bin file and xdf on the forum. now having trouble? after disable vats
    and save it the file size changed from 512k to 1k only changed vats from 0 to 3 trying to learn tuner pro. any help would be
    appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Carb and Points!
    Here is that bin. the guy I got the engine, ecm and harness from said it was out of a 2000 Suburban
    LQ4 6.0 not sure if its true?

Do not know how to include the bin in this chat. Suggestions?

Fuel Injected!
    The red/blue connector pcm's are 512k and the blue/green connector pcm's are 1 mb(1024k). The 12208322 OS bin files should be a 512k file and should be able to work in any red/blue pcm.

I'm not sure how this forum works but you might have to have a certain amount of posts before you can add an attachment. Otherwise you have to use the "go advanced" tab during a reply to add a bin file.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    If you have a VIN from the donor vehicle or from the PCM, I can try to get the latest factory calibration from TIS2000 for that vehicle. If you want to swap to a newer OS, 12212156 is probably the best supported right now. Be sure you have the proper XDF selected. Also, some of the XDFs require a plugin to calculate the checksum. Make sure that is properly installed as well. I believe EFILive software (which you can download for free) will verify checksums when you open the bin. It's a good way to double check the bin before you attempt to flash.

Carb and Points!
    Thank you for that info. I think I have a good bin 12208322 saved from tune pro going to try to write it today!
    the file size is 512k should work. tried to recover bricked keep stopping. :( not going to give up on it yet!
    That is how I learn trial and error. and smart people like all of you guy!!!!

Paul

Carb and Points!
    Wondering if your 12212156 bin will support a 6.0, 4l80 4x4? for possible back up plan.

Thanks for the help, Paul