Thread: Hardware not found, "Tunerpro R/T"

Fuel Injected!

Hardware not found, "Tunerpro R/T"

Ok so far I have registered Tunerpro R/T and am able to read ECU's on a scan tool with my test harness powered up so that is working properly. I still have not been able to initialize hardware, I am running a USB to Serial adapter cable and Serial to 0BD2 adapter together. The hardware is an NXT serial to USB cable, I have the driver downloaded and the file shows up when I go to load ADX . When I go to select ADX and open it just goes away and says no items match my search. Not really having any trouble with the software, I just have not been able to connect to an ECU. All other options, dashboard, emulation Ect. are off and will not open without the hardware connected. Not exactly sure what I am doing wrong this software is new to me so any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Fuel Injected!
    Yours may vary but recently while working on $E6 stuff, my laptop would connect just fine as I started TPRT. Vehicle owner's laptop when trying to connect nada! Going into Tools/Preferences
    I noticed that he had "Enable Dual Emulator (16 bit)" checked. Unchecked and back in business. First image here.

edit:Let me re-phrase that to "hardware found" as soon as I start TPRT with an audible chime on my laptop.
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 10-04-2020 at 02:36 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Right, ok I understand all of that but what type of cable or specific driver do we need to get this thing running? Or what current cable do we know works with TunerproRT? Could just be the driver though, driver file comes up as Prolific. I have tried using the search engine but could not pinpoint a specific driver for ALDL cable'/s or RS232 cables. In short , hardware still not detected , car is basically ready to hook battery up and crank over. Guess it might help to list the setup as well. 95 Volvo 944, 5.3 lm7, 4l80e, full/ish factory wiring harness from an 04 Yukon xl. I am definitely going to need to compile bin to get the transmission running properly. Maybe ill go to bin stacker in the meantime and fool around with that.

Fuel Injected!
    Tried with elm327 powered up, phone recognizes it but computer does not. I'm finding that a tablet or better Samsung phone will actually connect , not sure about this pc. Who is using a WIFI interface? I just have an old Samsung j5 phone and it did more than the desktop. It would just be pointless to try to tune from a phone except for direct re-flash from existing file. Gotta go dinner is on the table.

Fuel Injected!
    Hooked up bluetooth adapter to see if it would recognize the ELM327 . Nothing, will not connect to any device. Im about to scrap it and move on to something else. Car starts a litte i just need to tune the ecu.

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry I've seemed to have been mislead by the subject line...if you don't have any Hardware connected i.e. APU1 or Ostrich TPRT will always report that. I'm not LS savvy and don't even know what cable works with what. Hope someone who knows will chime in.

Fuel Injected!
    I should be able to export the tune as a text file and use the other program to reflash the ecu . Still waiting on the device to show up, if i have any luck with the bin file i will post it up. It is lm7 with a 4l80e.

Fuel Injected!
    Worked on it a little bit tonight hooked up the obdlinkLX to my phone and wrote OS# on the spare ECM that I have on the table with a sharpie. OS# 12597120 TBW P59 1MB . The tune I wrote the other night goes as is. OS#12587603 with matching XDF file, 4l80e VATS off and no MIL changes as far as now. Thinking I might have to rip the OS that is on the ECM in the Volvo and see what the OS is on that ECU before I get too hyper about anything. If no luck I will still save the BIN with the 12587603 and whenever I pull one in the junkyard I will check for match. Regardless I will either have to make changes to ones I rip with LSdRoid or find existing bins and XDF files that match. This kind of stuff takes time. The next couple of weeks may hold some uncertainty but I'm going to keep working on it nonetheless because it is just a hobby.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok so I flashed the first tune that I started with the 4l80 e and it started but stalled out , noticed a gas leak. Repaired gas leak but no throttle by wire, this might be the reason that it stalled. So going to a pinout I traced down two problems and identified the other 4 wires that I was not sure about. Had the gray 5 volt reference wire to the throttle by wire hooked to the cruise control signal wire so I switched the wire and soldered it up. Also ran a black wire to low reference that was not hooked up. Now throttle cracks a bit and stays but no pedal response. had to shut it off so I don't tick off the neighbors. So I think now I have 4 wires not being used for tbw . gray, gry/blk, dkblu and light blu; the one blue wire is the one that shuts off cruise when you hit the brake. None of this has anything to do with my tuning. What I plan to do once I get any issues ironed out is to start and run then note all mil codes on the pcm. Then I will go back and begin tuning. This is my first ls swap and i have no idea what i am doing.

Fuel Injected!
    Hang in there. None of the rest of us had any clue when we got started in this hobby and a few of us (me, in particular) still don't.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah Finally figured out the issues that I had. I flashed the ECM, went to explore files once I was able to get my pc to pair with my junk phone that I installed ls droid. Sent my tune with the 4l80 to my phone and el flash-o. Started but no throttle response and no throttle with key on but not running. took the tac module off of my 03 Silverado out back and plugged it in then the throttle operated properly . The module that I had on first was an a K module and the one off of the truck was an A module. Then it revved up to like 2500 and would not idle. This was a scary situation, turns out that the speedmaster intake manifold was missing a couple of pipe plugs on the back and did not come with, STUPID ME. Blocked those holes now idles 700ish. Throws some trans codes air and fuel tank pressure, wrote those down for next tuning. Still working on gauges and all that had to order a few things. Runs like a champ though .
    Last edited by LSVolvo940; 10-29-2020 at 03:12 AM.