Thread: 1228747 akwa and $4f

Fuel Injected!

1228747 akwa and $4f

Hello all,

I do not do a lot of tuning and Tunerpro is my kryptonite. Seams like every time i use i have issues.

Anyway, Truck hasn't been running right so i pulled the ECM. Was going back to the stock tune and i discovered my chip isn't even in there. 120 miles of back country washboards it mus have fallen out of the socket extender. I have extra ships and was going to buen a stock AKWA bin and all of the scalars are 171 and all of the tables are blank. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Link to gearhead-efi 1228747 information: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-4F

dave w

Administrator
    What is your source for the file you are viewing? Is this one you've read yourself? Can you post it? It may not have been read properly.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Link to gearhead-efi 1228747 information: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-4F

dave w
    Dave,

I am using the bin and $4f XDF file from the link you referenced.

I just opened tunerpro in the office computer and it works perfect.
    Yesterday I downloaded TP to a new laptop in the shop and that is the one not working. Very odd,, both using windows 7. I will delete and reinstall the software today and see if anything changes.

Chris
    Last edited by chris989; 09-30-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Carb and Points!
    I have a similar issue, but with a new tablet.
    Hate to reply to a thread without advice, but I’m new, and I’m not sure if it’s my permissions or not, can’t start new threads.

Dave W, I followed your links to the EagleMark $4F (.adx, .bin, .xdf files page), just can’t get the tablet to read data. Any chance I can get some replies in this thread?

Fuel Injected!
    Jay,
    If you want to PM me you phone number I can walk you through it.

Chris

Carb and Points!
    Chris, that’s a great offer, but the way my time is spread thin (life, work vs free-time and projects), I’d prefer on the forum for now. If I hit a point where I really need to be talked thru it, will send PM for a call.

The other hitch is that I have a Stage 2 454 PROM in the 8747 and she runs good, just not great. And right now I just want to identify problem spots in the data …but I can’t read it just yet. After that, I’d like to get a thread going about 454 swaps on the 8747 - got a lot of info supplemental to what’s here.

Thanks for the offer, and the quick reply. I really appreciate it.

One of the hang-ups is I can’t run TunerPro (yet) on a new Samsung A7 Tablet.
    ALDLDroid is so close though.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JaydeeC View Post
    Chris, that’s a great offer, but the way my time is spread thin (life, work vs free-time and projects), I’d prefer on the forum for now. If I hit a point where I really need to be talked thru it, will send PM for a call.

The other hitch is that I have a Stage 2 454 PROM in the 8747 and she runs good, just not great. And right now I just want to identify problem spots in the data …but I can’t read it just yet. After that, I’d like to get a thread going about 454 swaps on the 8747 - got a lot of info supplemental to what’s here.

Thanks for the offer, and the quick reply. I really appreciate it.

One of the hang-ups is I can’t run TunerPro (yet) on a new Samsung A7 Tablet.
    ALDLDroid is so close though.
    Are you trying to data log in tunerpro or make make changed to burn a chip? I data log with winaldl.

Carb and Points!
    Just trying to see the numbers and the data with ALDLDroid. I’ve emailed Sébastien several times and he’s helped immensely.
    I’ll get the data logging and chip burning later when I try to refine my data highs & lows.

The 1228747 and AKWA title really got me on the thread because it’s the exact same I’m working with, but with a 454 motor swap and a 454 PROM swap, and the truck runs with no SES. If burning a chip is required at this point, I’d like to see what I’ve got & log it before making that leap.

The A7 tablet doesn’t like any version of WINE (that I’ve tried) to get a .exe file to run (TunerPro). And it won’t /quite/ connect to ALDLDroid. It likes some of what I’ve tried, but I get a lot of 0.0 or Red gauges, and “Not yet synced with ECU data stream”; better than it was when it said 392° coolant temp in Red ��

[If it means anything, I was able to read a lot of parameters with a borrowed Monitor4 scanner, and measured with gauges: 20inHg idle vacuum, 190° op temp, 800 idle in drive, 17inHg idle in drive, Crane 134112 / 2112 grind, near stock cam, new rings & bearings & seals (new build, ~500mi on 454 swap), 4-6° truly base timing (warmed up, EST disconnect, set timing), Cloyes timing chain & sprockets, Edelbrock 3764 Performer TBI intake under a TBI-220, 17087257, rebuilt, new 14lb FPR spring, new TJ11 (Standard Motor) injectors, always an ACDelco rebuild kit, Fel-Pro base gasket, Needs a valve adjustment but otherwise runs like a top.]

Quote Originally Posted by JaydeeC View Post
    I have a similar issue, but with a new tablet.
    Hate to reply to a thread without advice, but I’m new, and I’m not sure if it’s my permissions or not, can’t start new threads.

Dave W, I followed your links to the EagleMark $4F (.adx, .bin, .xdf files page), just can’t get the tablet to read data. Any chance I can get some replies in this thread?
    I don't have any experience using or configuring a tablet with TunerPro RT.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Jay,

Have you been able in the past to get the data/program to work with a PC laptop? Maybe use/borrow a laptop and confirm the configurations are correct and then repeat the set up with the tablet?

not what you want to hear but a dedicated laptop for your car may be the easy answer if you find the software cannot work correctly with the tablet. There are hundreds on CL for cheap.

Carb and Points!
    Dave, the tablet situation seems to be a tricky one - like I put the cart before the horse buying “scanner” equipment. Thanks for chiming in about your background though!

Chris, I’ve been an Apple/Mac user for so long because of my lack of computer skills. So the Android is all new to me, but my Mac is about 10yrs old… maybe it’ll run earlier versions of WINE(?) or a Mac compatible .exe opener. I’ll do some more digging on Google Play for an .exe file opener and see if I can keep all my OBD-1 programs & data on the tablet.

If/when I do get it going, I’ll make sure to post a solution that may be helpful for others like me.