Thread: Invalid checksum in hptubers instructions to correct

Carb and Points!

Invalid checksum in hptubers instructions to correct

I've searched and did not find anyone that explains how to correct this issue. I changed a pcm in a buddys f body that wouldn't fire injectors, assume bad drivers. I changed the os as the new pcm came from a silverado but cannot open the tune read in hptuners even though I can read it from the pcm. Looking for direction to correct, I have read the pcm with hptuners and lsdroid to have a .bin and .hpt file. Looks like efilive can fix the checksum but corrupts the file. Any insight would be helpful, Hptuners had not been helpful even though I own their product with quite a few licenses. I can read the bin in tunerpro but not sure what to correct in hex, fairly new to reading them with these tools. Thanks Steve

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncognito View Post
    I've searched and did not find anyone that explains how to correct this issue. I changed a pcm in a buddys f body that wouldn't fire injectors, assume bad drivers. I changed the os as the new pcm came from a silverado but cannot open the tune read in hptuners even though I can read it from the pcm. Looking for direction to correct, I have read the pcm with hptuners and lsdroid to have a .bin and .hpt file. Looks like efilive can fix the checksum but corrupts the file. Any insight would be helpful, Hptuners had not been helpful even though I own their product with quite a few licenses. I can read the bin in tunerpro but not sure what to correct in hex, fairly new to reading them with these tools. Thanks Steve
    I've read this a couple times and am still not quite sure what help you need. Do you have the original read from your buddys f body file and it says the checksums are wrong or after writing that to a new pcm now that one is wrong??? Can you post the .bin file from your bud's f body? What pcm are you writing to? etc etc
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    Sorry, I tried to make sure what I wrote was clear but after re-reading it I can see it is not. I have read the original broken pcm from his f body with hptuners. I cannot open the file pulled from the broken pcm with hptuners, I receive a checksum error when attempting. I’ve already fixed his car with another pcm and another os sourced from a friend. I’m just trying to learn what causes the issue and how to correct it for future use. This is a “locked” pcm, at least according to lsdroid. I will post the hpt from hptuners and bin from lsdroid. I’ve tried a few things but I have not had any luck correcting it. This is a 0411 pcm running 12202088 os, 2001 ws6 iirc. Unrelated but I can read the bin pulled with lsdroid in tuner pro with no issues. Thanks, Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ncognito; 09-29-2020 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Add info