Thread: Small block Olds fuel injection rail/intake from '75-'81 Seville

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Small block Olds fuel injection rail/intake from '75-'81 Seville

Figured I'd put a bug in everyones ear here just in case someone runs across one of these. Not having much luck locally finding one, and these things are surely getting rarer by the day I'm sure. I'm not positive these were the only vehicles that used fuel injection on the olds, but the only one I know for sure did.

Worst case I end up with "normal" TBI, already have the throttle body for it, but would be cool to be able to run individual injectors.

No idea what they are worth, but I figure it's not going to be dirt cheap.
    "Frankentruck" is a "1985" K5, TPI 350 '165/6E (Vortec Heads, SDPC2000 base, roller cam, headers), 32 Spline SM465, 205 w/VSS, 10b/14SF, 3.42's and 33" tires. Soon to be boxed frame, '87 sheetmetal, and TPI w/ '727

I am hoping to get over to Pull'N'Save next week for some parts for a buddies truck, I will keep an eye open for one if I do.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

I have a friend who's REALLY into Olds engines, and electronic fuel injection, I'll see if he has anything.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Anything anyone can do to help, I appreciate it. I'm not in a huge hurry, because I don't have a ton of cash to finish the project. But those older cars are getting hard to find, and won't be any easier when I finally start working on the car again. :(
    "Frankentruck" is a "1985" K5, TPI 350 '165/6E (Vortec Heads, SDPC2000 base, roller cam, headers), 32 Spline SM465, 205 w/VSS, 10b/14SF, 3.42's and 33" tires. Soon to be boxed frame, '87 sheetmetal, and TPI w/ '727

Administrator
    At one time you didn't seem interested in craigslist / ebay as sources. Has this changed?

Also, you might consider modifying an aftermarket aluminum intake for injectors and building a fuel rail.

Could try contacting this guy to see if he's got the original EFI steup.
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/for/3053533987.html
    Last edited by 1project2many; 06-09-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Craigslist/ebay have never been off the table. I just don't have a lot of money, and the one setup I saw on ebay is way more than I can afford. Besides, I only want the rails and intake, a complete setup is probably worth more (if anyone even wants them) and typically sellers don't want to part that sort of stuff out. There is someone local with the parts I need, but they aren't interested in parting the car, and I can't afford what they want for the car...it's not worth enough to consider trying to part it out on my own. Plus, my wife might very well kill me if I brought another project home. But I know myself well enough that what I think would take days would take months or more, so best I don't get a whole vehicle.

I actually have a factory aluminum intake for the motor, I've not looked too closely at modifying it for injectors, but as I recall rails were really pricey, which is what kept me from going with an aftermarket solution initially. I'm certainly not stuck on factory parts, but if I can get the intake/rails for a couple hundred dollars, it would be worth it vs. the time and parts to take my own.

Contacted the seller on Craigslist, will see what he says. Appreciate the link!