Thread: Hello! Thank you for accepting my request.

Carb and Points!

Hello! Thank you for accepting my request.

Hello Everyone,

I am taking a sabbatical on adjusting floats, changing jets squirters needles seats etc. and trying something different. I am years late to this computer tuning game. I apologize in advance, this is my first forum experience so I am not up to speed with how everything works or the lingo.

My current vehicle I am tinkering with is a 95 GMC Yukon 5.7 4x4. Uses are, light wheeling, hunting trips, annual TDS and King of Hammers, nothing extreme. I just completed a 4L80E swap and waiting for new driveshaft to be completed. Fingers crossed it shifts . . . I gambled with a ECU purchase not fully understanding MEMCAL's.

Thank you allowing me to indulge on your website.
    Donnie

Perhaps you can post pictures of the 4L80E Memcal showing the Code, something like code BKHN? The Wiring is different 4L80E vs. 4L60E.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Hi Dave,
    The old Memcal is 16197427 BJYL and the new Memcal is 16197427 BJDR. I was unware of said memcal requirement until I installed Speartech conversion harness and instructions mention a Memcal was required. I assumed I would purchase a standalone controller, as this controls the 4L80E on my 75 dually. I called the dealer and they directed me search online or ebay and that's how I found this majestic website. I tried searching Memcal numbers, letters but was unsuccessful. The ebay listing said 5.7 4L80E so I took the risk.

Thank you for your time.
    Donnie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Donnie,
    gearhead-efi has several libraries of "chips" (actually the binary code or .bin file). Chip code BJDR (BJDR 94 C-G-K Truck 5.7TBI 4l80.BIN) can be found in the $OE gearhead-efi library http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-OE

Some members, including myself, have the ability to erase the chip and reprogram the chip. Some members, including myself, can reprogram the 4L80E shift points for different tire size or rear end gear ratio in the Chip / Memcal / ".bin file" using Bluecat Transmision Software https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Table-Software.

If you need help with the 4L80E conversion shift points, start a thread asking for help. Many gearhead-efi members have "Awesome Skills" I'm sure someone will be willing to help.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Thank You Dave. I will ask.

Donnie

Carb and Points!
    Request posted. I hope Tuner Talk is the correct location for such request.

Thanks again.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Hi Donnie,
    gearhead-efi has several libraries of "chips" (actually the binary code or .bin file). Chip code BJDR (BJDR 94 C-G-K Truck 5.7TBI 4l80.BIN) can be found in the $OE gearhead-efi library http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-OE

Some members, including myself, have the ability to erase the chip and reprogram the chip. Some members, including myself, can reprogram the 4L80E shift points for different tire size or rear end gear ratio in the Chip / Memcal / ".bin file" using Bluecat Transmision Software https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Table-Software.

If you need help with the 4L80E conversion shift points, start a thread asking for help. Many gearhead-efi members have "Awesome Skills" I'm sure someone will be willing to help.

dave w
    Dave at Old School EFI is simply amazing! He listened to my babble and setup the memcal for the 4L80 swap. I have 2500 miles on swap without any problems.

Thank you again Dave