Thread: Noob looking for verification

Carb and Points!

Noob looking for verification

I have an LS1 that I have a canned diablosport tune on, I'm assuming it's now locked. I've seen some tutorials for unlocking it so I follow those. All I want to do is shut off the MIL for my post cat 02 sensors since I've cut out the cats, and next year I'll want to shut off the exhaust gas return. I've been using tuner pro for years with my bike and have downloaded some XDF files and patches but won't know for sure until I actually get connected which ones I'll have to use. the connection sequence seams aot different then I'm used to. I have just down loaded pcmhammer, will the OBDLINK Sx USB cable be sufficient to read and write to my pcm after I make the modifications in tuner pro? Any and all helpful advice would be appreciated.

Fuel Injected!
    I've tested pcmhammer with many interfaces including my obdlink sx, it's slowwwww, make sure the firmware in the SX is the latest too. I've only used on the bench so I don't know about "in vehicle" and I think the only struggles are if the bus is noisy, also make sure car battery is fully charged. You can't hurt anything reading, so if that goes ok you can try a "test write" and see how that goes. Also never hurts to give it more time between functions. Pretty cool freeware :)
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    Thanks a million, just wanted to make sure the sx cable would work before I ordered one. And I got a warning from diablo sport that when writing to the ecm that aftermarket alarms and stereos need to be fully disconnected because of the bus noise possibility. So all my aftermarket I installed with master kill switches just for this reason. Good call on the battery voltage!