Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: '95 S10 '7727 conversion, need guidance.

You've proven the AutoProm is not set up correctly and ECM is working. You do not need AA until you make a change. May want to start with new bin? Some tips, no chip in socket, close pin, red stripe on cable to pin 1, on Memcal that would be outside of ECM, on chip type ECM it is on inside of ECM. Both switches on AutoProm in. Set up TunerPro to detect when open, start TunerPro with AutoProm plugged in and it should find it, if not try another USB port or look under Tools Data Acq and Emulation to set paremeters. Have bin and XDF open in TunerPro, upload bin to emulater, VERIFY, emulate, turn key on and watch for blink.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I have done all of that. Over and over again. The chip I burned flashed ecm codes.

Tunerpro detects AutoProm, both switches are in, I verify the bin. No flash. No codes from the ALDL. Red stripe towards chip notch. Lever closed, no chip in the top. It runs the same with out the Autoprom cable on it at all.

I tested the G1 and cable to it from the autoprom, there are no bad leads. How can I test to see if the autoprom is working and able to emulate?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    It could run on LHM, if the values were close enough in the NETRES and RDF chips.
    This is exactly what it was doing. Things were changing randmoly and I thought I was impacting what was happening. I still can not get the Autoprom to emulate to save my life, and I'm not a dumb guy.

The truck is running pretty well now. I had to use the Autoprom as a Burn 1 to get there. 0293 and 04F1 are set to 08 to run as a V6 MPFI. There are no codes and the BLM is somewhat happy judging from the values I get using the .adx posted on the second or third page. I need a WBO2 to really get this right, but I'm not going to do that until I can emulate.

Thanks for all the help to get here. If anyone has any suggestions to get the autoprom to emulate I'd really appreciate it. It will do everything else and I've tried every combination of the switches possible.

Your AutoProm may be bad? I have no idea how to test but Moates will surely help you.

-= =-

Checksum disable (Mask ID set to "AA") is required to make changes using an emulator. If it's not changed to that, the ECM in most cases will switch to LHM, or corrupt bin, at the very least.

Do you have another programmer? BURN2, Willem GQ-3X, etc?

If you do, you can check the emulator output.

Can you take pictures of your set up, with the AutoProm connected?

If the CEL is not flashing when only the AutoProm is connected, the ECM is not reading it, or not reading it correctly.

Try downloading the bin from the AutoProm, to see if the bin has been loaded to it.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I had a similar problem when I first started. when I read the chip I used the default settings in tunerpro for the chip type and my bin file turned out to be a fraction of the size it should have been. the truck didn't run real well when I changed the bin and loaded it to the emulator.
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Fuel Injected!
    Pictures attached. I do not have any other tuning hardware or software. When I download the bin to a file it is 32 kb and opens ok.

I can upload those files as well if they would be of any use.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't see anything wrong with your hardware set-up.

I just did some bench testing, to see if maybe using pass through mode was the cause of your issue. In pass through mode, the Emulation side of the Auto Prom appears to go dead, and ALDL data stops flowing, in APU1 Mode, emulator contents are read fine by the ECM, and ALDL data flows fine.

In the pictures it looks like you're set to APU1 mode though.

Have you posted your bin in this thread? If not, upload to here, so we can look at it, and make sure it's ok.

What build version of Tuner Pro are you using?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    I can't see anything wrong with your hardware set-up.

I just did some bench testing, to see if maybe using pass through mode was the cause of your issue. In pass through mode, the Emulation side of the Auto Prom appears to go dead, and ALDL data stops flowing, in APU1 Mode, emulator contents are read fine by the ECM, and ALDL data flows fine.

In the pictures it looks like you're set to APU1 mode though.

Have you posted your bin in this thread? If not, upload to here, so we can look at it, and make sure it's ok.

What build version of Tuner Pro are you using?
    Files are attached, Truck 8D is what I am running. Downloaded Old Truck 8d is what came off of the Autoprom. Made too many changes to the PE and AE tables for the downloaded file to work well, so I started over.

FWIW, the latest FTDI driver is installed, one of the first things to happen. And just for kicks and giggles I installed the cable into G1 the wrong way. It made a difference. The CEL never came on, instead of coming on without flashing, so the Autoprom is doing something. It just isn't right.

As you stated, with the outer switch out, Tunerpro will not initialize the hardware. If there is nothing in the files, it may need to go back to Moates.

Tunerpro Build - 5.00.7575.00
    Attached Files Attached Files

Won't help your AutoProm issue but not sure if cylinder volume is set correctly and injector size can't be right on a TBI. Not sure how to set up $8D for TBI. Is your MAP sensor hooked to vacuum in front of TBI? Should be rear port between fuel lines...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Won't help your AutoProm issue but not sure if cylinder volume is set correctly and injector size can't be right on a TBI. Not sure how to set up $8D for TBI. Is your MAP sensor hooked to vacuum in front of TBI? Should be rear port between fuel lines...
    The computer is set up as a v6 mpfi not a tbi. The injectors are 55lb/hr with an 18 psi spring. They should be flowing just over 64Lb/hr divided by 3 to make the mfpi happy is around 21 lb/hr.

The 4.3 has the same cylinder volume as a 350, there is just 6 of them instead of 8.

It runs and goes down the road ok. The tune is off, but effective.

The MAP is to the front. Its plumbed to the same port as it was when i bought the truck almost 10 years ago.

For the third time... (I HATE my PC right now)

I used your Truck_8D.bin in my AutoProm attached to a 1227749 on my bench, with success. I don't have a 1227727 wired to be able to test using one on my bench.

I used the 1227730_8D.ADX to connect to Tuner Pro, and it works fine. I don't think I downloaded it from this thread, but your copy and mine are the same size, so I don't think that would be an issue.

Did you say that you can connect the ALDL when you have the MEMCAL installed, without the adapter?

Fuel Injected!
    As long as a chip is installed, the datastream comes through without a problem. It will not work when I have the autoprom installed to emulate.

Your AutoProm may be bad? I have no idea how to test but Moates will surely help you.
    Your AutoProm may be bad?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Your AutoProm may be bad?
    That was it...sent the other one back and got the new one in less then a week. Those guys run a good business. This is one very satisfied customer.