Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: '95 S10 '7727 conversion, need guidance.

Fuel Injected!
    What does it mean if neither one does?

Tunerpro says it is working at 11 to 13 Hz, but the numbers are garbage and never change.

This is my first project with the Autoprom. I don't have anyway of knowing if the problem is with the unit, wiring or ecm. How can I troubleshoot this?

Super Moderator
    ..... it almost sounds like the ADX definition is the problem?

i mean, you seem to be able to send proper commands to it, and it sends information back.... just not the expected information.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    ..... it almost sounds like the ADX definition is the problem?

i mean, you seem to be able to send proper commands to it, and it sends information back.... just not the expected information.
    I thought that was the problem last time this happened, so I pulled the 1227727_8d adx, 8D xdf and a manual tranny bin off of the this site. They should be well proven and work together. Is there a better one to try?

Super Moderator
    in the 8D datastream, there are two RPM variables that are transmitted... one that is 8 bit and displays RPM 0-6400 in 25RPM increments, the other is a 16 bit reference period and will display from 20-1.1 million RPM, IIRC.

now, if the cylinder count in the BIN is changed correctly to reflect 6 cylinders instead of 8, then the 0-6400 RPM value will be correct, but the reference period based RPM will need it's conversion changed.

You've got so much going on? Whatever bin file you started with should be the ADX to use. Don't be afraid to disconnect and reconnect, restart your TunerPro, reload the ADX and reconnect.
    That is strange to have 2 serial data lines coming from ECM? The wiring diagrams here are from Y body (Corvette) Just looked and it does have 2 wires but they all tie together and also go to CMM and HVAC and ETC... the one you want is B5 to Pin M of ALDL port. Unless you have a Vette disconnect the other, then connect.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

good luck finding a 1227808.... only application was quad4 W-bodies, and those were only offered in 90 and 91.... and were incredibly rare when new, let alone now.
    I just did a search on ebay ( http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...228708&_sop=15 ) for the 1227808 ECM, found 8 listings (reman A1 Cardone) with prices from $90 ~ $155. Several months ago I looked for new Quad 4 Memcals and they were also available ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACDELCO-OE-S...5fb60d&vxp=mtr )

dave w
    Last edited by dave w; 06-17-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    The rpm reading isn't consistently off by a constant value. It is always 100rpm. The tps is always 1.53%. Everything out of the datastream is an obnoxiously wrong number which does not change. I have tried both pins, the result is the same. None of the values change. I will try to post a screen shot of it tomorrow.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    the one you want is B5 to Pin M of ALDL port. Unless you have a Vette disconnect the other, then connect.
    it won't matter which is used.... they're both the same circuit. i imagine GM did it this way for redundancy in case one wire gets dropped, then it will still be 100% functional.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I just did a search on ebay ( http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...228708&_sop=15 ) for the 1227808 ECM, found 8 listings (reman A1 Cardone) with prices from $90 ~ $155. Several months ago I looked for new Quad 4 Memcals and they were also available ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACDELCO-OE-S...5fb60d&vxp=mtr )

dave w
    interesting. considering Q4 W-bodies may have had even lower production numbers than the C4 ZR1(i don't have the production numbers handy), i'm kind of amazed anything specific to them is still available.

Quote Originally Posted by yelruhde View Post
    The rpm reading isn't consistently off by a constant value. It is always 100rpm. The tps is always 1.53%. Everything out of the datastream is an obnoxiously wrong number which does not change. I have tried both pins, the result is the same. None of the values change. I will try to post a screen shot of it tomorrow.
    Why don't you post the datalog and we could see if anything is there at other address's? Is any data correct? Ever?

Robert. what is the ALDL.ds for this? I wonder if he has an ECM that needs a connection command? Did you ever get an $8D to work in Corvette with all those other wires tied to differant modules? When I looked at the wiring diagram here in 1227727 it looked more like an LT1 nightmare... but if he doesn't have the other modules they would not need silenced, so did $8D ever need a connection command?

yelrude, you could try giving it a 10K resister to start data flowing. Post up the ADX you are using. Also what exactly is the ECM and bin your are using?

-= =-

Super Moderator
    if running a F-body 8D BIN.... then i don't think there would be any comm issues, since the only module those had connected to the M pin was the ECM. i don't think they had ABS or anything else like that yet.

the proper .ds file should be A100.

i've temporarily ran a F-body based 8D in the wife's grand prix (3.1) for a quick test, i didn't have any issues then.

Fuel Injected!
    Screenshot and files attached. It runs well enough to go around the block and probably to work and back. Getting the data out of it would really help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

When I was experimenting with the '7727 for TBI, I found wiring diagram (1990 Lumina) showing pin D4 / D8 shorted for the Peak-N-Hold '7727 TBI injector. It's my understanding that the '7727 has only one Peak-N-Hold injector driver. Interesting info on the '7727 http://www.exatorq.com/ludis_obd1/quadplugecm.html

The '7808 wiring diagram (1990 Cutlass Supreme Quad 4) shows pins D4 / D8 shorted together for Peak-N-Hold injectors 1 & 4 and pins D1 / D5 shorted together for Peak-N-Hold Injectors 2 & 3. The '7808 uses pin D9 (injector driver) for injectors #1 & #4. The '7808 uses pin D14 (injector driver) for injectors #2 & #3.

dave w

if running a F-body 8D BIN.... then i don't think there would be any comm issues, since the only module those had connected to the M pin was the ECM. i don't think they had ABS or anything else like that yet.

the proper .ds file should be A100.

i've temporarily ran a F-body based 8D in the wife's grand prix (3.1) for a quick test, i didn't have any issues then.
    But he's running a Corvette bin? Also tied into a 1995 S10 so may be other module on line? Also Corvette is A115 which looks identical to A100 but both say a Mode 0 is needed?

So when AutoProm is emulating and you turn key on make sure CEL comes on blinks once and stays on till engine running then goes off. Then connect with this ADX and see what happenes?
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

Super Moderator
    then i would recommend taking a look at the other modules. i forgot just how integrated the S10 stuff was right before OBD2. i DOUBT mode 0 is necessary... since mode 0 will force the module back into normal mode (normal message requests/responses).

and probably taking a look at the ALDL scheduler table to make sure that no other messages are getting transmitted regardless of the modules being there.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok...stupid newwbie question. Where do i load a .ds file in tunerpro? I haven't noticed the light doing anything. Even with the aldl grounded. I'll try the file..at a park doing father's day stuff with my daughter, probably for the rest of the day.

I grabbed a 350 manual tranny bin. Seemed like a good starting point.