Thread: '95 S10 '7727 conversion, need guidance.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

'95 S10 '7727 conversion, need guidance.

I'm a newb at programming, but have 95 S10, 4.3 tbi, with the 16183748 VCM-x.

Largely due to some mods, I've been trying to run it with the 7727, autoprom and tunerpro. I tried wiring the 7727 in and could not get the thing to even fire, I thought it was a VATS issue, but can't get a datastream out of the thing to verify. If anyone has the time to help with software/different wiring schemes, jumpers, whatever. I can try it out and troubleshoot on the weekends, it is my daily driver.

Not getting data through the ALDL is usually indicative of either a corrupt or missing bin/EPROM. This is especially true if a quickly flashing CEL accompanies the lack of data connection.

In a conversion, the cause could be many things. Wrong pin connected to the ALDL line, mispin somewhere in the conversion, etc.

What is the CEL doing when you turn the key on?

Did you upload the bin to the emulator?

Have you tried using a stock MEMCAL from a similar application to verify hardware?

What code are you using?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    I used the 7727 files from diy-ecm. 8D, AUJP and the 1227730 datastream file. I tried setting the cylinder select to 192 for v6, not to 18 for tbi as shown in the other thread. The combination may be wrong, but you guys seem to be able to mix and match them pretty easily.

The check engine light was on and steady.

The bin was on the emulator, it gave the confirmation beep. Also, the fuel pump and iac would fire when the ignition lead was put to 12 v. The ecm is an ebay special and may not be any good. The prom i have is a v6 mpfi.

Is there a matched set of files to try? The vcm has a knock sensor/memcal board which i can also try.

I apologize if my first post hijacked the other thread. I'm willing to try any suggesstions and post the results if it will help.

any reason you didn't go with the 7427? I have also found just because you get a confirmation beep dosen't mean it took. I always upload the bin to the emulator then verify. sometimes it will say sucessful when I upload but fail on the verify, so I have to upload again.
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Quote Originally Posted by PJG1173 View Post
    any reason you didn't go with the 7427? I have also found just because you get a confirmation beep dosen't mean it took. I always upload the bin to the emulator then verify. sometimes it will say sucessful when I upload but fail on the verify, so I have to upload again.
    Yup x2...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Motive and opportunity.

I have the 7727 w/wiring and my truck has a weatherpack, underhood vcm. It would be nice to combine what is already in the garage into something useful. The ideal situation would be to reflash the vcm to get the truck running properly, but there is no information on these. It appears a Moates G4 adapter will plug into it, but noone has a definition file or a "how to" on pulling the files out without erasing or destroying it in the process. And I'm a newb at this.

I was searching for information on how to pull and reflash when a thread popped up about running 2 barrel tbi with the 7727 and appeared to have a fair amount of interest.

I have the ecm and a similar application. If there is interest on this topic I can run some trial and error, while solving some driveability problems for myself in the process.

On paper it seems like an easy swap. TPI ran two banks, TBI ran two injectors. The 7727 ran both style systems, only a single barrel TBI. From some research the tbi injector was driven out of the same pin as one of the tpi banks. Hooking another injector to the free tpi injector bank pin and doing some lying to the ecm seems like it would get the job done. Is this an over simplification?