Thread: 1999 2500 truck OS 9365085 XDF?

Carb and Points!

1999 2500 truck OS 9365085 XDF?

Hi all,
    I am working on a 1999 k2500 chevy pickup. I swapped in a 12 valve cummins and built up the 4L80e. Im using the black box ecm to control the transmission, cooling fans, and A/C etc. I have used HP Tuners to get the transmission working pretty good. The problem I have is that I have not figured out how to get the ecm to make an engine torque calculation and the line pressure rise is based on torque. Also have a few things on the torque converter lockup control that is not mapped out in HPTuners. I have the user defined parameters feature in HPTuners if i could find an XDF that would be applicable i might be able to get a few more things ironed out.

If anyone has any knowledge or information about this ecm/OS i would be grateful. Thankyou!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan 19 View Post
    Hi all,
    I am working on a 1999 k2500 chevy pickup. I swapped in a 12 valve cummins and built up the 4L80e. Im using the black box ecm to control the transmission, cooling fans, and A/C etc. I have used HP Tuners to get the transmission working pretty good. The problem I have is that I have not figured out how to get the ecm to make an engine torque calculation and the line pressure rise is based on torque. Also have a few things on the torque converter lockup control that is not mapped out in HPTuners. I have the user defined parameters feature in HPTuners if i could find an XDF that would be applicable i might be able to get a few more things ironed out.

If anyone has any knowledge or information about this ecm/OS i would be grateful. Thankyou!!!

I do know there is a Max shift pressure on maf fault switch. Is that mapped out?

I don't know much about the black box PCM but a few things off the top of my head are MAF, MAP, RPM that might be used to calculate torque. Have you tried failing the MAF and turning off the error codes? MAP wont work properly with diesel, would only read during boost if the operating system was up-gradable to 2 bar MAP. RPM can be tricky too getting correct CKP input.

Got a 0411 6.5 diesel 4L80e project myself that I haven't got started on yet.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Carb and Points!
    I'm not looking at it right now, but there is a max shift pressure but I don't remember seeing anything about MAF fault.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by brian617 View Post
    I don't know much about the black box PCM but a few things off the top of my head are MAF, MAP, RPM that might be used to calculate torque. Have you tried failing the MAF and turning off the error codes? MAP wont work properly with diesel, would only read during boost if the operating system was up-gradable to 2 bar MAP. RPM can be tricky too getting correct CKP input.

Got a 0411 6.5 diesel 4L80e project myself that I haven't got started on yet.

I think the MAF should be failed. It's all unplugged and I have all the codes turned off as well as set the ranges to fail it. My crank signal should be good. It's the gm sensor running off the damper and the damper is cut to match the 5.7 reluctor wheel. My rpm signals are all correct. I dont have any cam sensor and I'm wondering if that is what is missing. Also tried feeding a signal to the MAP input that ramped up with throttle opening and it doesn't make any difference.

Since HP supports that PCM some one there might be able to tell you how its calculated?

On the 0411 PCM in HPtuners under the trans diagnostic tab there are three switches enable/disable p0101 p0102 p0103 (MAF codes) under Max Line Pressure DTC.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan 19 View Post
    Hi all,

Did you ever get it figured out? I have been told that torque is calc from MAF. I have a 1998 454 BBC. Seems like the more I trey to understand about this gen computer, the more I see 0411 swap mentioned. Not much support for them. In my 98, ( no swaps, stock config ) I started logging engine torque, and log showed max of 8 lb ft