Hello all,
been trying to get over this Dreaded "covid" thing, been lucky up till now. two years and never caught it, guess my luck had run out. IO had all but given up on the firebird 0411 swap, had it running for a good six months, then one day last winter, while driving home she back-fired on me and never was able to figure out why. had replaced the coil, crankshaft sensor and ignition module, but never could get it fire again.
so, I set about testing each and every sensor, I got the coil to fire by manually by applying a one volt signal to the module if I recall correctly. but I could not get the crankshaft sensor to pulse, I tried
to switch around the leads on the sensor, but couldn't get the required signal from the PCM. I have since obtained one of those pocket nano oscilloscopes to check the wave length of the signal.
i'll have to try that and see if I get a good signal.
I recently went "backwards" in my setup, as I changed over to a carbureted setup, thinking I'd drive the car for a while I researched all my gremlins, but I have been having a change of heart, and Now I'm going to "un-do" my changes. I think all the pulling of the PCM for programming and /or checking of the pins may have caused some connections to break or lose contact. so I'm changing my wiring harness to ensure I have good connections end for end. since all my sensors are new, shouldn't be too difficult to achieve. My only hope is that the weather stays nice while I'm under the hood!
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years, hope to get this turkey (Firebird) finished soon,
Have a good one!
Ben Smith