Thread: Look for file for 04 5.5 with 4L80E stock

Carb and Points!

Look for file for 04 5.5 with 4L80E stock

Hello just did a LS swap I have a 04 5.3 flex fuel injectors/factory harness and pcm # 12587603 Drive by wire with a 4L80E trans and 3.23 gears and 255/35/20 tires also have another pcm # 12579405

Fuel Injected!
    This site only allows stock files to be posted. You're not going to find a stock 5.3/4L80 combination. You either need to start with a 6.0/4L80 file and convert the 6.0 to 5.3 data or segment swap 4L80 trans and trans diag segments into a 5.3L file. I could make a bin for you to use but it would have to be emailed and not posted here. And what you say you have here doesn't match what you say you have in the other thread. You need to be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xls1 View Post
    This site only allows stock files to be posted. You're not going to find a stock 5.3/4L80 combination. You either need to start with a 6.0/4L80 file and convert the 6.0 to 5.3 data or segment swap 4L80 trans and trans diag segments into a 5.3L file. I could make a bin for you to use but it would have to be emailed and not posted here. And what you say you have here doesn't match what you say you have in the other thread. You need to be consistent.
    I would like to clarify the site posting policy about posting a stock flash vs. a modified flash.

It makes sense that the library should be stock flash only. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...2-OBDII-Tuning

It makes sense that modified flashes should only be posted in a "Topic / Subject" thread and documented as a modified flash. It would be nice, but not necessary, a modified flash would have the original unmodified flash posted with it.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I would like to clarify the site posting policy about posting a stock flash vs. a modified flash.

It makes sense that the library should be stock flash only. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...2-OBDII-Tuning

It makes sense that modified flashes should only be posted in a "Topic / Subject" thread and documented as a modified flash. It would be nice, but not necessary, a modified flash would have the original unmodified flash posted with it.

dave w
    That seems to conflict what you posted in another thread.

The gearhead-efi OBD2 .bin files are here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...2-OBDII-Tuning

Sharing stock files is encouraged. Publicly sharing modified files on gearhead-efi is not encouraged.

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by 2xls1 View Post
    That seems to conflict what you posted in another thread.
    Perhaps it's how the phrases "is encouraged" and "not encouraged" is interpreted?

It makes sense that the library should be stock flash only. The intent of the library is to provide known good baseline flashes, so posting stock flashes to the library "is encouraged."

The challenge with the interpretation of "not encouraged" is the oversight of not clearly clarifying "Publicly sharing modified flashes is not encouraged in the library".

As the popularity of PCM Hammer increases, gearhead-efi needs to better define and clarify the flash sharing policy.

We think it makes sense to have the library with stock flashes.

We think it makes sense to post modified flashes in a "Topic / Subject" thread. For example a thread "Looking for a Gen IV 6.2 Liter / TH400 flash" would be considered a request for a modified flash. It makes sense the flash posted for a Gen IV 6.2 Liter / TH400 should be limited to that thread.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Perhaps it's how the phrases "is encouraged" and "not encouraged" is interpreted?

It makes sense that the library should be stock flash only. The intent of the library is to provide known good baseline flashes, so posting stock flashes to the library "is encouraged."

The challenge with the interpretation of "not encouraged" is the oversight of not clearly clarifying "Publicly sharing modified flashes is not encouraged in the library".

As the popularity of PCM Hammer increases, gearhead-efi needs to better define and clarify the flash sharing policy.

We think it makes sense to have the library with stock flashes.

We think it makes sense to post modified flashes in a "Topic / Subject" thread. For example a thread "Looking for a Gen IV 6.2 Liter / TH400 flash" would be considered a request for a modified flash. It makes sense the flash posted for a Gen IV 6.2 Liter / TH400 should be limited to that thread.

dave w
    Please don't take this as being argumentative. I just want to be clear on what is allowed. Per your original post "Publicly sharing modified files on gearhead-efi is not encouraged kind of encompasses the whole site, not just the library. Even the emoji is indicating don't do it. I have a huge amount of files as I've been reading hundreds of vehicles and tuning OBD2 since 2004 and have the ability to help a lot of users with both stock and modified files. Just want to be sure what is allowed as the last user I helped with a modified file I thought had to be emailed to him.

I didn't think the comments were argumentative.

I want to clarify is a modified flash can be posted in a Topic / Subject thread.

The library should be stock flash only.

dave w