Thread: WOT Delay

Electronic Ignition!

WOT Delay

Hello all, I've been absorbing knowledge here, very refreshing. I am working with a 1995 C1500, 5.7L, 4L60E, $OD and TunerCat Have two questions; "Wide Open Throttle delay" in the Constants, mine is set for 15 seconds. Seems to be an effective way to shut it off? Wondering if this effects Power Enrichment? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Hello all, I've been absorbing knowledge here, very refreshing. I am working with a 1995 C1500, 5.7L, 4L60E, $OD and TunerCat Have two questions; "Wide Open Throttle delay" in the Constants, mine is set for 15 seconds. Seems to be an effective way to shut it off? Wondering if this effects Power Enrichment? Thanks in advance.
    What's the hex address of the value? Don't seem to see it using TunerPro. Hard to believe WOT would be delayed.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 84Elky View Post
    What's the hex address of the value? Don't seem to see it using TunerPro. Hard to believe WOT would be delayed.
    WOT AFR or PE is delayed below the rpm to bypass the time delay. There are also two stages of PE in the later PCMs. A slow entry enrichment and a quick entry with faster enrichment. The slow entry targets a slightly richer than stoich value and takes up to 60 seconds to drop to the PE AFR commanded table values. Which one you get depends on what the TPS value is and is adjustable in two different TPS vs RPM tables. Its an emissions/fuel economy thing for a truck or van towing a trailer or climbing a mountain.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    WOT AFR or PE is delayed below the rpm to bypass the time delay. There are also two stages of PE in the later PCMs. A slow entry enrichment and a quick entry with faster enrichment. The slow entry targets a slightly richer than stoich value and takes up to 60 seconds to drop to the PE AFR commanded table values. Which one you get depends on what the TPS value is and is adjustable in two different TPS vs RPM tables. Its an emissions/fuel economy thing for a truck or van towing a trailer or climbing a mountain.
    Thanks Fast355, should of stated have BJYL bin, which it does have; TPS Threshold vs RPM for WOT and TPS Threshold vs RPM for WOT Fast. Both of these I lowered the TPS percent because of replacing the stock camshaft to SK12- 249-4, 206 INT/ 212 EXH @.050, 112 Lobe separation and bored out throttle body, 46mm from stock 42mm, 14lb pressure regulator spring and high volume fuel pump. Reading How to Tune GM EFI by John Wilson he brings up the larger throttle bodies and percent of TPS per given throttle input and lowering percent in the table/s. Worked over the timing tables and initial spark timing and the VE Tables. There again John Wilson and threads here helped . Have to say Old Nelly Belle runs alot better. Vortec heads and dual plane are planed not to distant future.