i'm about 25 years late to the party but i'm finally playing with some obd-ii data with the goal of eventually writing some good software for it.

got an obdlink mx+ elm adapter and also this xpro

as motivation, i have a 2000 4.0 jeep that seems to be J1850 VPW (cool because that's what all the test bench ECMs i have use too). it needs some help.

one thing i need to check is the cam and crank sensor relationship, as i found the bolt on the cam sensor was kind of loose. from what i've learned, the cam sensor is set just like a distributor, but you align it at idle while watching a value on the scan tool

i kind of figured there'd be a lot of good free or low-cost windows programs out there that have mapped some of the 'extended Chrysler PIDs' or whatever you'd call them, but i'm finding absolutely none

i'm also curious what obd-ii elm software everyone else is using just for scanning or diagnosis so i can see what's out there. all the ones i've currently downloaded just by googling 'obd-ii software' seem to be pretty rough. i see a lot of references to torque pro for android, does it have the best database of odd PIDS out there?