Thread: How to make XDF file

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!
    I have started some work on an XDF. I am using Ghidra. I am below novice right now, and have been desperately trying to find people willing to share any info regarding this process. Once I can get past the cloak of mystery I plan to share my findings. If I import and bin file, and select the Motorola 32bit 680020 language, and select Analyze file, select Window-->"Decompile", "Disassembled View", "Listing". I see some info, just not sure what to make of it yet. I am using Ghidra 9.1.2.

Fuel Injected!
    What PCM are you disassembling? Ghidra currently does not support CPU32 specific opcodes so the disassembly of any P01, P59, P04 and so on will not be complete. The best way to start disassembling is to find PID jump table and start marking variables from there. When you know what is RPM, MAP, ECT etc. then it's fairly easy to find the main tables. The scalar values and flags are much harder to figure out.

Carb and Points!
    Well when I say I am new this., I am new new to this. I don't know how to tell what PCM I am on. I just know it came from Chevy 1999 2500 2WD truck, based on the VIN. I did do the "Read Entire PCM" option with PCMHammer to create .bin file. I have numbers on the PCM's sticker as well. I have been researching how I can tell since you posted. I was hoping to return with a more informed answer for you. I know enough to know I need a bin file, and XDF (I have TurnerPro installed), but just wanting to understand it more from the making of the bin and XDF aspect.