Thread: Introduction, jtec, ngc, and stuff

Carb and Points!

Introduction, jtec, ngc, and stuff

Howdy folks.
    New member doing my due diligence starting out here as directed.
    Long time internet arguer and forum enthusiast.
    Got off the message boards for a while back when Photobucket screwed everything up for people.
    Getting back into a few things and message boards again for a few specific purposes.

I'm a GM factory trained tech from the nineties and worked in tune/elec the whole time I was working for the dealerships.
    Did a lot of tapping on mass airflow sensors looking for funny waveforms and honestly I'm kinda nostalgic right now thinking about that big old suntune oscilloscope.

But I'm also kind of a friend survivalist type and have always had 'what if emp' in the back of my mind. I was probably the last guy in my county running carb and points on purpose. And I still have a few examples that will stay as such.

But time marches on and we all grow to want nicer things. Towards that end, I'm going to be doing some Magnum and Hemi swaps into older Jeep vehicles. I'm not too concerned about speed or horsepower these days, but there's no denying that this newer stuff runs well and has become something of a 'minimum standard' for driveability and power. My intentions are to 'minimalize' factory jtec or ngc controllers and wiring harnesses for each unit. And that's what leads me here.

Here's to the future, eh?

Carb and Points!
    Oh.
    And probably lots of GM tbi onto 258/304/360 applications, but that is like child's play anymore.