Thread: Figuring it Out

Electronic Ignition!

Figuring it Out

First post: Rebuilding my 1987 Chevy van That I have used for motocross for about 20 years. Custom paint etc. This is the second time I rebuilt it. Rebuilt 305 20yrs ago. I just swapped everything, harness, 4L60E, Air Conditioning from a 1995 Chevy van. Getting ready to swap the 350 too.
    On this website, doesn't seem like the search bar works very good, any suggestions on how to get it to work better ? Been trying to do searches to figure out if I wanna build this up as a 383.
    Also, There is alot of BIN's on here, but it is hard to know what they are for. Is there a master index, or should I download Tuner Pro now, before I even have the motor done ?
    Obviously alot of people have done alot of custom work on the MAPs or BIN's that are on here. But I do not yet understand how to get their comments or descriptions of their work.

Electronic Ignition!
    Oh also, Eagle Mark is the administrator. I submitted my request using Turnshredder with a Gmail account. Then later read that we don't like Gmail so I sent in another request, RadMotoVan using a different email. I don't want to have two loggin's. But you might have already figured this out.

Eaglemark, the brain child and founder of gearhead-efi, lost his battle with terminal cancer. 1project2many is the administrator.

I like the plan to start using TunerPro RT now.

TunerCats offers CalData Program to decode the vehicle information from OBD1 .bin files.

caldata.gif

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    OK, thanks, will start doing that. It is a shame that he died also, God Bless him.