Bringing TBI and Multi Port Fuel Injection to a New Level.     EFI Conversions and Tuning! Seattle to Portland! E-mail Tuning Consultant!

Thread: Anyone Familiar with 16196388 ecm?

Carb and Points!

Anyone Familiar with 16196388 ecm?

Hi, I've been lurking and hunting around trying to decide how to control this 7.0 tall deck I have. The emissions sticker says 1995, but the original truck was sold in 1996. I'm thinking this is some weird stop-gap that GM did, because there was what looked like an OBD2 connector, but nothing I borrowed could read it. I can't find any pin out info, or anything else on it for that matter. What say you? Throw it away and get a 1227747 to learn on? (PS. I'm a total newb to computers if you couldn't already tell). I'm not trying for any earth shattering tuning, I just want it to run right and get rid of some of the tbi characteristics that drive me crazy. This will probably go into a coe car hauler in relatively stock form, except for the exhaust system. Any helpful opinions much appreciated. Thanks!

Fuel Injected!
    Out of pure curiosity, I would like to read that file. I believe that is a 27256 memcal similar to what is used in a '7060 pcm from a 7L LR0 series engine https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/g...-12532427.html
    Interestingly enough, used well into the obd2 age but in large trucks so maybe that is why it has an obd2 connector and should use pin 9 of the obd2 connector, then would be serial aldl like a '95 LT1 type obd2 connector but really still obd1.
    Where are you located?
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    I'm in California. Interesting about the 16147060, I hadn't discovered that number yet. Looks like something I can find pinouts for. This is an Lr0 engine. I'll go out and look at the chip in a few minutes. The letter code is BNKB.

Carb and Points!
    I'm not really sure how to identify chips, but.....the sticker says B621 BNKB 3393 and the tiny writing on the chip says.....014B 5C24 32500 B9526AB. It has 24 pins.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm in Fresno. I think that has a 2732 chip which is 24pin. Here's a screenshot of some info I have. I've only worked on one of those and it's been a while back. Interesting governor controlled TBI unit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Carl

Here's a link to a list of GM ECUs, it doesn't have your 6388 listed but, just about everyone else. Thought maybe it would be of interest to someone?

https://xtronics.com/wiki/GM_ECU_eproms.html