Thread: LS Injector data question

Carb and Points!

LS Injector data question

I bought an LS powered 94 Corvette which I am trying to tune. It apparently has these injectors from Ebay. I assume given the weird color and low price that these are Chinese knock-offs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-x-36lb-Up...EAAOSwFGxdaN-f

I found an excel file which says they are 42lb injectors so I am a little confused. Does anyone have a file that has the data for this Bosch part number?

The link you posted is pointing to some datamining site "skimresources.com" that my adblocker says is malicious. Figure out how to post an actual link and more people might try to help.

But...

Let me guess - it idles like crap and BLMs are all over the place?

I own a set of chinese knock-off 36lb injectors. They seemed really cheap. But they weren't actually fuel injectors - they were in fact very expensive keychain fobs. If what you have are similar, I wouldn't advise trying to tune around them. They act nothing at all like real Bosch injectors. You might be able to get them to behave for WOT use only, but the low pulsewidth behavior needed for idle and part throttle is going to be difficult to figure out through trial-and-error.

Edit: I dug around and found the attached file from when I was attempting to get these working. The info was mostly copied and pasted from the auction listing, including the blurb:

Code:
    Possible BOSCH equivalents:     
    The 42lb/hr spec I believe is at 4bar / 58psi, and 36lb/hr is at 3bar / 43.5psi.

The seller sent me some offset data which I included in the file. But I was never able to get them to run worth a damn.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carb and Points!
    Thanks, I really appreciate the advice. They came on the car when I bought it. The car actually runs pretty well, but the tune at idle makes it idle at 1500 RPM. I will look into getting some proper 36 lb injectors.

Carb and Points!
    i Currently have A 4.8 LM4 12208322 Bin Running and would like to see the injector tables on the custom OS to help me tune.

I'd love to know more about the injectors you have - i.e. external markings, etc. Mine are labeled "MostPlus" something or another.

You should probably post more details about the car - what PCM you're running, etc. I'm a gen 2 LT-1 / OBDI guy so know next to nothing about anything you posted about what bin you're running. If it's an 0411 PCM, what fuel pressure, etc. Nobody will bark at you for giving too much detail on what you have.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for the information. I will be replacing the knock off injectors with Genuine Bosch. What I really need is the complete data sheet for the Bosch 0280155811 at a minimum I need

1. fuel flow vs vacuum
    2. injector offset vs vacuum vs voltage
    3. low BPW injector offset.

If anyone can point me at that data, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by johntorg; 07-20-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Sent you a PM.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for the offer. I am not even sure they are 36lb injectors. I will wait until I can read the injector tables in my current tune to see exactly what size I have. I thought they were 36lb because they were the only blue ones I found on Ebay. I later found another blue set that were higher flow.

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry, my inbox was full. I just cleared it out. Try again.