Thread: wideband A/F info

Fuel Injected!

wideband A/F info

Can the PCM and it's connected O2's from the 94 Z28 give us real time wideband A/F for screen display while driving or will we need to install an aftermarket wideband sensor and gauge?

Thanks

You have to have a wide band controller. A narrow band works on a 1volt max and is heated the whole time. A wide band uses a 5 volt max, and the controller actively controlls the heater. Most people use EGR or AC pressure switch to log AFR. I don't know how that's done for your application, but I have successfully done it through EGR on 94 k1500 with 16196395 $OD. Found and followed what others did. And there where intructions in the adx I used and xdf. A lot of people do it with h p tuners also.

I bought a cheap gauge controller for about $30 or $40. Works decent. Sometimes a little glitchy, but dirt cheap. There are sensors you can get off e bay pretty cheap. Bosch OEM sensor. I know one application is for a 2008 dodge diesel. The sensor just plugs into the gauge / controller harness. Mine has been great data logging. I modified my adx to tune in lambda. And made my own spreadsheet for ve lambda got the tables real close real quick once I was done figuring all that out.

Any way. Hope that helps

Fuel Injected!
    I’ll look into all of that. Thanks