Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.3 4l80e .bin needed

Carb and Points!

5.3 4l80e .bin needed

Looking for a pO1 5.3 4l80e drive by cable .bin

also do we have a modified .bin repository? I have some I would share. (vats delete, DTC not seen etc..)

The gearhead-efi OBD2 .bin files are here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...2-OBDII-Tuning

Sharing stock files is encouraged. Publicly sharing modified files on gearhead-efi is not encouraged.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    I searched and found another thread where a 5.3 80e bin was shared but the attachment was dead.. now I understand why.

Fuel Injected!
    There was never a 5.3L paired with a 4L80 from the factory so you are going to need either a 5.3 file that someone did a 4L80 segment swap on (both trans and trans diag segments) or a 6.0L 4L80 file that someone converted all the 6.0L engine data to 5.3L data. I could create either such file but would need more information on what you are using it for.

The phrase I used was "not encouraged". There are many challenges with modified files. Sharing stock files in the Public Library is OK. Sharing modified files in the Public Library is not allowed. Modified files with emissions deleted or segment swaps are problematic for a Public Library. Sharing a modified file in a thread outside of the Public Library is mostly OK. The expectation for a modified file shared in a thread outside of the Public Library will have information on what was modified, including the original file that was modified.

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by windsma View Post
    I searched and found another thread where a 5.3 80e bin was shared but the attachment was dead.. now I understand why.
    There have been data losses within the gearhead-efi website, including files that have been posted in threads.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xls1 View Post
    There was never a 5.3L paired with a 4L80 from the factory so you are going to need either a 5.3 file that someone did a 4L80 segment swap on (both trans and trans diag segments) or a 6.0L 4L80 file that someone converted all the 6.0L engine data to 5.3L data. I could create either such file but would need more information on what you are using it for.
    I segment swapped the 5.3 engine segment to a 4.8/4L80E setup on the one I did.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    The phrase I used was "not encouraged". There are many challenges with modified files. Sharing stock files in the Public Library is OK. Sharing modified files in the Public Library is not allowed. Modified files with emissions deleted or segment swaps are problematic for a Public Library. Sharing a modified file in a thread outside of the Public Library is mostly OK. The expectation for a modified file shared in a thread outside of the Public Library will have information on what was modified, including the original file that was modified.

dave w
    I'm well aware of the policies here. There are other way of getting the OP a file without posting it on this forum.

I'm well aware of the policies here. There are other way of getting the OP a file without posting it on this forum.

dave w

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by windsma View Post
    The attachment is not dead... just lost. We had some technical difficulty with how attachments are saved which led to a few of them becoming "disconnected" from the post. Sometimes I can reconnect the file with the post where it was attached. Do you have a link to the post or thread?

Carb and Points!
    Hello I'm new to this just did a LS swap 5.3 with a 4L80 trans trying to fine a tune for it ?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Z51mopar View Post
    Hello I'm new to this just did a LS swap 5.3 with a 4L80 trans trying to fine a tune for it ?
    You need to provide a whole lot more information on what you are using before anyone can help with a file. Like what year 5.3, stock or modified, DBW or DBC, what PCM, OEM or after market wire harness, what it's swapped into, rear gear ratio, tire size..... Details, details, details. You can never give too many details.

Carb and Points!

5.3 with 4L80E trans

You need to provide a whole lot more information on what you are using before anyone can help with a file. Like what year 5.3, stock or modified, DBW or DBC, what PCM, OEM or after market wire harness, what it's swapped into, rear gear ratio, tire size..... Details, details, details. You can never give too many details.
    I
    I have stock 03 5.3 out of a suburban DBW / factory harness and PCM flex fuel injectors with 4L80E trans with summit cam 209 intake / 217 exhaust - 112 lobe separation cam lift 0.294 rear end has 3.23 pose tire size 255/35/20 I'm also running A/C

Maybe the stock .bin in post # 10 will help? http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rPro-Bin-Files

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Thank you