Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LiL Yellow Trans SWAP auto 2 manual

Fuel Injected!

Post LiL Yellow Trans SWAP auto 2 manual

Cool, Awesome SITE!!!
    I found the .XDF, however I noticed in the TorquePro RT "transmission type" it stated ** this parameter should NOT be changed ** !!!
    What to do?? The 411 OS 2156 PCM states it is a 4L80E, yet I would like to change it to a manual NV3500.

Factory OS 2156 was either a 4.8 manual or 6.0 manual, not 5.3 manual.

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Factory OS 2156 was either a 4.8 manual or 6.0 manual, not 5.3 manual.

dave w

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rPro-Bin-Files
    Post #9
    Post #11

Fuel Injected!
    I know not what to do! Dave what should I do? Am I able to copy partial .bin files to the one I have? Is that what is called a 'segment' swap? Thanks for any and all guidance!

So, I want to understand what kind of flash is needed? 5.3 Manual?

I was successful starting with a 4.8 Manual Flash and "Hand Picking" 5.3 engine parameters into the 4.8 Flash. The "Hand Picking" were displacement, Injector Parameters / Tables, Spark Parameters / Tables, and MAF Parameters / Tables. I tried segment swapping, and was not 100% satisfied with the results. The Deceleration Fuel Cutoff (DFCO) parameters for manual trans and auto trans are different. The engine segment swap will replace manual trans DFCO with auto trans DFCO. Stall Saving parameters are also replaced with a segment swap.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    OK. I will read this 2 to 7 times to get it to soak in. HUGE THANKS!!!! SO, I have the L31 5.7, yet I need to pick the parameter files from the #11 post. I must not be understanding!, for it is a 6.0 LS engine parameters...

The initial post did not mention the L31. The overwhelming number of gearhead-efi OBD2 posts are about 5.3 liters (LM7 / L59), which did not have manual transmissions from the factory.

The L31 files files from the link above will be the ones to choose from.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Awesomeness! Thanks! ?? Link above... Do you mean #9 or #11?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by TilmanNA View Post
    OK. I will read this 2 to 7 times to get it to soak in. HUGE THANKS!!!! SO, I have the L31 5.7, yet I need to pick the parameter files from the #11 post. I must not be understanding!, for it is a 6.0 LS engine parameters...
    So your truck has a L31? I have a Green/Blue PCM file for a 2005 GMT800 Mexican L31/5spd truck.

Fuel Injected!
    Awesomeness. Yes yes, I'm putting the L31 from an 2002 20200622_151805.jpg2019-11-07 13.26.24.jpgExpress in to my S-10 work truck and would lile to stick to the manual transmission.
    Last edited by TilmanNA; 07-04-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Long story short: I'm having a Security Key problem with my EFI Live Licensed "Mule" '0411.

The attached EFI Live .ctz might be helpful? My plan to flash the "Mule" with a .ctz then read back as a .bin (with TunerCats OBD2) is being blocked because of the Security Key. I'm not sure what has is going on, I've used the "Mule" dozens of times to flash as a .tun or .ctz then read as a .bin.

I'll try to figure things out on the cheap, but likely I need to pay TunerCats for the Security Key.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Long story short: I'm having a Security Key problem with my EFI Live Licensed "Mule" '0411.

The attached EFI Live .ctz might be helpful? My plan to flash the "Mule" with a .ctz then read back as a .bin (with TunerCats OBD2) is being blocked because of the Security Key. I'm not sure what has is going on, I've used the "Mule" dozens of times to flash as a .tun or .ctz then read as a .bin.

I'll try to figure things out on the cheap, but likely I need to pay TunerCats for the Security Key.

dave w
    It looks like the eeprom area got corrupted and all the data there is defaulted to ffs.

You can try for key FFFF. If it still don`t work an lsdroid with clone flash and pin grounding will revive the pcm fully functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    It looks like the eeprom area got corrupted and all the data there is defaulted to ffs.

You can try for key FFFF. If it still don`t work an lsdroid with clone flash and pin grounding will revive the pcm fully functioning.
    FFFF failed.

Would I need to clone the exact same .ctz as a .bin for LS Droid to recover the PCM?

I rely heavily on the TunerCats OB2, and have not ventured into the LS Droid system.

At the risk of an EFI License, I'm tempted to flash the PCM using TunerCats - PCM Recovery. Thoughts?

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    If eeprom area is busted neither of these tools can recover it. Even factory tool. I guess efi can but at a cost of an extra license if you manage to unlock it.

The best way to recover is to use the last good full bin you have from this pcm that contain the info for the efi license.

Take that bin and clone it either with lsdroid or pcmhammer. I think pcm hammer supports avt cable but I am not sure if it will work with pin grounding. You can give it try.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    I think pcm hammer supports avt cable but I am not sure if it will work with pin grounding. You can give it try.
    It will.
    -Carl