Thread: Spark Advance Clarification

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Spark Advance Clarification

I'm seeking some clarification hoping someone can explain what I am seeing via my datalog. Trying to dial in the spark, as in some ranges I have heard audible pinging, I have reduced timing in virtually all areas of the table, and based on everything I've read I have a fairly conservative table with maximum advance being right around 31°.

All this said, when reviewing my datalog, it would appear I am only actually seeing about ~21° of advance which I am sure is killing power.

I have a knock sensor that I need to change, and as a result I have tuned out burst knock retard in the bin (set the enable temp to 151°C) and also temporarily disabled the error flag 43 that it is causing. I have also since identified that the knocking I have seen appears to be higher in the range in the table, around 90 kPa and 2000-2400 RPM, so I will target that area and reduce timing slightly in order to get the pinging to stop. I'm thinking maybe this could still be the source of my issues? It's hopefully getting replaced this weekend, but I need to find time to do it.

Mainly, I am absolutely lost as to understanding why the history average isn't even really close to the table and hoping someone with more knowledge than me can help me understand what is going on here.

Attached image shows log history vs the timing table I was running. BIN and datalog also attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files