Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spare ECM

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by beasleyrb View Post
    I'm glad you found your parts. It would have been hard for me not to take the whole engine. Maybe could have gotten the throttle body too?? and he MAF sensor??
    I actually took the TB and MAF off the car. I decided not to buy them because they are readily available on Ebay for pretty cheap. I did not see anything to gain by piling them on my shelf for who knows how long. I left them resting on top of the intake. Did I make a mistake by leaving them?

Well, I see that things don't stay cheap on Ebay forever. For example the ECU's like the 16188056 that used to cost $75 every day are now $150 to $200. MAFs are expensive too. I suppose it depends on how committed you are to the engine. There aren't any salvage Cadillacs, Buicks, Impala SS's, Firebirds or Camaro's with LT1's anywhere close to me. When I went to a salvage yard a while back the guy just laughed and said good luck finding any of those with any parts left. Get the parts and if you get tired of storing them sell them in a year or two and make some money.