It's been quite a while since I last posted, so I'll summarize where I'm at.

- '91 3/4T 4x4 suburban, 383 stroker, vortec heads and stock vortec roller valve train/cam
- 46mm TB, 454 injectors (I think they're 74lbs), modified adj fuel press regulator, set at 13 psi
- GM 4-barrel intake for vortec with TBI adapter plate
- Stock 4L80e trans. (91 3/4 ton burbs and 1 ton crew cabs only square body trucks to ever get a L80)

Here's the rub. 91-93 trucks with 4L80e used a '7060 PCM which is an enigma. It's hard to tune, very few hacks available, and no available input for a WB O2. I've worked on it for a long time and I don't think it's going to get much better. Dave W and others have suggested I go to a '7427 since there's so much more support for them. Good idea, but the 91-93 4L80e needs a '7060 due to a cleaning cycle that is PCM controlled. UNLESS......

I have an apt scheduled with a reputable trans shop that knows how to mod the old 4L80e to use a newer PCM. (Metro Trans, Woodland, WA - recommended by Dave W) They're going to change the force motor and do a few other things, including a shift kit. Once that's done, I have a few more options.

Most likely will stick with TBI and just upgrade to a '7427 PCM. Take advantage of additional bins and masks, etc. But I keep having this idea of getting a junkyard CSFI system from a '96-'99 350 truck swapping it over. I know I'd need the PCM, harness, all emissions and sensors, etc. Might even buy a complete truck and part it out - sell what I don't need. I also know I'd need to update the stock spider assembly, unless it's already been done.

Is this a dumb idea? Should I forget about it? Any easier ways to get to OBD2? I just thought it might be worth it since I already have vortec heads and the CSFI manifold will bolt on. There's another wrinkle too: I need to pull the existing intake. It's burning oil after idling for a while, but compression is good, so I'm hoping it's a bad intake gasket.