Thread: 94-95 LT1 Accel Enrichment

Fuel Injected!

94-95 LT1 Accel Enrichment

I need some help cause I can't find Accel Enrichment tables because there is no any or i'm to dumb to find them.
    I fine tuned my VE table (sd open loop mode), all my AFR are where I want them to be on whole table except of rapid throttle opening. It goes lean as fcuk. Any idea what I do wrong or don't understand what should be changed to cure this situation?

Fuel Injected!
    ve is a backup mode and provides basic running engine until Maf is fixed. The option are limited to enable PE much earlier, make fatter ve or AFR table where the lean is most likely to occur. At mid to high Map, low to mid rpm area.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    ve is a backup mode and provides basic running engine until Maf is fixed. The option are limited to enable PE much earlier, make fatter ve or AFR table where the lean is most likely to occur. At mid to high Map, low to mid rpm area.
    That's sad to hear they did it that way. 92-93 had all routines for AE so I wonder why they did not use it. Well I'll play with PE and VE table then.

Fuel Injected!
    If you're in open loop - speed density or not - getting the VE table right is obviously paramount.
    You said all your AFR are where you want them to be on the whole table, except when you open the throttle quickly; taking this to mean that if you open the throttle slowly enough, your VE tables are accurate.

In that case, depending on your camshaft, to paraphrase kur4o, part of the 'Open Loop AFR Vs Coolant Temp Vs MAP' table IS the Power Enrichment table.

Beyond a certain MAP reading (again, depends on your cam), the engine is either 'working hard' or 'playing hard'.
    If you're in open loop, I'm not even sure if Power Enrichment per se is an option, meaning that, again, paraphrasing kur4o:
    "make richer ve and/or AFR table at mid to high MAP, low to mid RpM area, where the lean is most likely to occur."

If, as I suspect, Power Enrichment is not an open loop option, then you must decide where to enrich either the VE table, the Open Loop AFR table, or BOTH.

With any of the OEM LT1 cams, if fuel economy AND power are not BOTH improved by open loop, then forgive me for not seeing the point of open loop.
    THEY are NOT Lying to You.
    You are NOT Even Lying to Yourself.
    You ARE Being Lied to ... by Your SELF.
    The Last Psychiatrist, aka ... Alone ...