Thread: 1993 c1500 4.3 tbi

Electronic Ignition!

Cool 1993 c1500 4.3 tbi

What's up fella's?
    New here and excited to learn. I have a 1993 chevy c1500 p/u with the 4.3 and 4l60e. Currently i have ported and gasket matched non vortec heads with larger valves, edelbrock performer intake, dual efans, and full exhaust with shorty headers. I have not yet actually installed these upgrades (also looking into getting a cam) other than the exhaust. I have already started tearing down the heads to have them sonic cleaned and drilled for screw in studs. I am having a little trouble deciding what rocker arms, rods and springs to use also. The 4l60e is a stage 2 from monster transmissions with a 2200 stall T converter already installed.
    I have purchased the APU1 from moates and started trying to mess around with the programs and features. I feel i have been trying to use the incorrect bin,adx,fdx for my 7427 ecm. Being as my timing advance said 500+, and went through a no start issue, then a high idle/limp mode issue.
    I haven't had too much time to look into it (maybe 8 hours or so) but i am willing to learn and take all the advice y'all want to give!

Administrator
    Hello and welcome.

You have a somewhat novel approach as most folks just drop in a V8. Is that a balance shaft engine? Is it roller cam equipped?

Your .bin file will have a "mask" associated with it such as $0D. You should use definition files that go with that mask. Do you have a stock calibration file for your truck?

Electronic Ignition!
    Yes, i do realize i would be getting less power than a v8, but i like that it is in fact a novel build.
    It is a balance shaft motor which i know limits me on how much lift i can go with on the cam. I was thinking maybe a 1.6 rocker ratio would help with that. And yes, it is a roller cam setup.
    I did try and use both bin setups from the TP website without much success. I have found an updated one here i will try this weekend.
    I do not have the stock anything honestly, I've had a little trouble finding info about it. Im very new to the tuning process so i will have quite the learning curve. But im confident I'll learn eventually.
    My first order of business was to try and decrease the sensitivity of my knock sensor, as it's throwing a code and from what I've heard is making my TC not go into lockup. Not sure that's it though.

Electronic Ignition!
    Would anyone be able to provide me with the correct files i need to data log this setup?
    I've used several different files and all result with a no start, or really high idle and limp mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Devon m. View Post
    Would anyone be able to provide me with the correct files i need to data log this setup?
    I've used several different files and all result with a no start, or really high idle and limp mode.
    1993 should be $E6: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-E6

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Hey dave.
    So the mask would be $e6, instead of $0D?
    It is a 93, but it's the 7427 pcm with a 4l60e.

Fuel Injected!
    Did you click the link that dave w provided^^^? First post second sentence states all the mask '427 PCM can work with. To be absolutely sure... What is the four letter bcc on the chip?
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/BCCFind/images/Label6.gif
    You should be able to find one at this site that you can download. Open it up with tunerpro and you can look for the mask id in the scalars. If for some reason you can't find a download of your bin, the other alternative is to download directly from the chip with your APU1 and an adapter like Moates hdr1.
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 06-09-2020 at 09:49 PM. Reason: make hyperlinks more visible