Quote Originally Posted by doc_rock View Post
second part - Do you mean reduce everywhere as in reduce at the distributor, then in the code? Or did you mean reduce all the spark in the spark tables by 5 degrees? (I did that, and then realized you made mention of a change to the main spark table based on original numbers)
Sorry, but don't understand last sentence. You previously indicated the distributor was physically set at 10 degrees with bypass line off and 10 deg in the BIN as base distributor setting. If that's correct, then no need to touch any of that ever again. Merely reduce every entry ABOVE IDLE 5 degrees in Main Spark table. Then at idle, change ALL RPM/kPa values from 21.04 to 23 or 24 degrees. For example, all values at 20-100 kPa and 400 to 1000 RPM =23 or 24 deg. Once in CL, log idle in gear for 20-30 seconds and then log while driving at various RPM/MPH and post .csv file and .BIN. NO PE or hard accels, but do a couple of accelerations at low MPH in 4th to see if get knock under that load. Remember when you do those so they can be observed in the log.

I've got a long road trip ahead, so I'll be spending some time reading through how to build a spark table. That was part of what brought me to this to start with was the feeling that the ignition system wasn't doing what it should. at certain temps, certain pressures, etc it acts like it's got a worn distributor cap, or frayed plug wires. it's nearly impossible to reproduce on command, but the way it acts when it does it is too consistent to be a fueling issue (I thought). THat's what had me chasing knock sensor issues.
Make the above changes before rebuilding the spark table so we have a base-line.

Also: The bottom of Page 26 in the readme file for S_AUJP is the instructions on transferring calibration. Do I have the wrong readme? We've already done that, that's why we're fighting with bizarre changes that should never have been made in the BIN...
Don't understand "wrong readme". I think what you're referring to are the ALDL reporting scalars. If I recall, none of those changes were made in your BIN. Just verify that the values shown are in your BIN. If not, then change them. They do not affect anything other than to ensure those items are reported in a log.