Thread: Maxed out Knock Counts??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Maxed out Knock Counts??

I've had this engine on a stand for 2 years and never done anything with it while on other projects. I was going to rebuild it but thought I would see if it would run. After buying some parts, cleaning injectors, modifying the harness to standalone, buying an ecu and loading it with a bin it does, in fact run. I bet it hasn't run in years. maybe decades but it starts immediately and is responsive. I used every old part on it that looked good but had to buy a few things. All sensors are on it and hooked up. I bought it through a Facebook Marketplace listing. Anyway,

It is a 94 LT1 that came out of a Fleetwood Cadillac on an engine run stand. No transmission. Firebird ECU with an EEHack " robot tune" bin code on it. I modified the harness to a standalone setup following things I found online. I'm just starting with EEhack and looking at the engine running. I've noticed that the knock counts are at 5217 from the time the engine is started. There is no knock retard. One of the knock sensors is new the other one isn't.

What does this mean? Is the knock sensor circuit open or shorted? I suppose that's my question.

I've attached a zipped Excel log file. I'm sure it's pretty crazy but the engine runs good. Well, to a point. I think the open headers, old injectors, and who knows what else affect it's performance. I do wonder about the knock counts. The engine is not noisy at all at idle or revved up. Thanks for your thoughts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by beasleyrb; 05-29-2020 at 10:34 PM.