Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning Questions

Administrator
    Hello.

In my experience when the transmission gearshift indicator is not visible after reprogramming it may be necessary to program the transmission controller separately. The tolerance for the distributor setting is very small. If the distributor is set incorrectly the engine may run well but you will get code 1345. We have Launch X451 scanner but that tool does not help us set the distributor timing. We need to use an older Snap-On tool for the job.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello people)! I want to share my swap story! Ie their mistakes. The problems that I suspect that they are present, it turned out that they do not exist. After all, very big difficulties are created by incorrect equipment and its correctness. Launch x431 is probably very old and not very competent in solving complex issues. It does not see the position of the transmission and does not see what speed is turned on. After connecting tch2, all my problems disappeared like smoke)! I mean, what I suspected was just suspicion. The only thing that launch x431 can do is only see errors, and the current data is not up to it.
    And another problem that I created myself is the distributor from 4.3 does not work correctly on the 5.7 engine. But this is not yet accurate, I ordered a new one yesterday and it will come in two weeks. I think the error code P1345 will leave me along with the distributor from 4.3. Thank you all for the advice, it turns out that all the difficulties that we have most often we create ourselves.

Fuel Injected!
    One more detail, dear friends. Tell me, how to reprogram the transmission, so that the position of the transmission is selected on the instrument cluster??? The equipment that is available in my reach zone is tch2. Who can tell you how to do this if possible? My car is a chevy s10, 2.2, 2wd, 1998. Vortec l31 5.7 transmision 4l60e 2wd, and pcm 0411 are now installed. Binfile chevy Express 2001-02 5.7 4l60e 2wd. As far as I know, chevi express has separate wires on the pcm and on the cluster. And the chevy s10 only uses pcm and sends a signal to the cluster via the data bus. How can I see on a PRND321 cluster?
    Last edited by Jimmy; 06-27-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello! I am doing a similar swap to my S-10. Com 411 with OS 2156 from 2002 Express.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by TilmanNA View Post
    Hello! I am doing a similar swap to my S-10. Com 411 with OS 2156 from 2002 Express.
    Hello dear TilmanNA. My project is a little stalled), but I hope everything will work out soon. I am interested in one minor question. How can I see the position of the transmission to the instrument cluster? If possible, share your experience, or can we leave everything as it is? I guess you can buy another instrument, if it helps then I will do so. Can there be another option???

Fuel Injected!
    I am not for sure.. I did not think of that. Good question!

Fuel Injected!
    There are people (Pete - developer of LS Droid) who are doing dash cluster projects that reuse modern automaker dashboard equipment but I don't believe they are ready for prime time use by us mere mortal folks. I think, not sure, but maybe his approach here is Arduino-based.

So I went with a Dakota Digital HDX cluster and added the Dakota Digital PRNDL meter module for my DD cluster and 4L60E transmission. Plenty of Internet and especially You Tube videos about this option.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks!

Fuel Injected!
    Dakota Digital HDX is a good tool. But I wanted to keep the regular look of the salon. My cluster tool shows speed, temperature, ses, chek engine, oil pressure, almost everything that is on the device reader. Except for prnd321, and the fuel level. The fuel level I think can be corrected without much difficulty. And here is the position of the transmission.... I'm a little bit over-stressed (. But you can put up with it. Thank you dear B52Bombardier1!)

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by TilmanNA View Post
    Thanks!

At what stage is your project?

Fuel Injected!
    Currently I am about to convert the 94 S-10 to a 2002 interior.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello my dear friends! I have been running the s10 daily for a month now, and the swap procedure is over. What can I say?!) everything works perfectly, but not without drawbacks. The p1345 error was the result of my stupidity). It turns out that Trambler 4.3 and 5.7 are different. They can be reincarnated one into another and back again now I know how to do it. Prnd321 there is no image on the instrument panel. And when you hit the accelerator on the floor, my monster freezes at revs and first speed. switches after easing the pedal, then turns on the second speed. This may be due to incorrect speed readings, because at a speed of 40 miles, the actual speed is 50 miles. I've come to terms with this for now, but I still plan to bring everything to its logical conclusion. Thank you to everyone who helped me and answered my stupid questions. Best wishes to Jimmy.
    Last edited by Jimmy; 11-18-2020 at 09:21 PM.