Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning Questions

Fuel Injected!

Tuning Questions

Good afternoon. Please tell me the file that is located for the express l31 2wd- immoff or immo on? If not difficult, tell me please.

Fuel Injected!
    Please, help)))!!!???
    Last edited by Jimmy; 03-29-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    We do not understand your question . . .

What is "immoff" and "immo on"? These are not understandable terms.

Rick
    1970 Chevy El Camino, LM7 Engine, 4L60E - Two 896 and two 0411 PCM's

Fuel Injected!

Tuning Questions

Hello to all!
    I need to overcome the language barrier, in addition to all the difficulties associated with starting this motor) “Turning off VAT” is what interests me, What should I do with VATS or passlook system? I do not know what it is called correctly))) ??? Are they disabled in these bin files ??? Or is it necessary to carry out any manipulations or procedures to turn them off? Regards, your jimmy)!
    Last edited by Jimmy; 03-29-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Jimmy,

OK, now I understand. The answer to your question is, unfortunately, "it depends". Which BIN are you referring to? The BIN on your PCM? Some of these Internet BINs might have VATS turned off, some not.

If you have the matching "XDF" definition for a particular BIN, you can open the BIN and edit it with "Tuner Pro RT" software and the XDF to see if VATS is turned off. If still enabled, its a very simple matter to disable it. Then I use another piece of software called "LS Droid" to write the saved BIN to my P01 and P59 PCM devices. Not every BIN has a matching and mated XDF and it is essential that these two files are meant for each other. Depending on your PCM, it might be best to abandon your original BIN and go with a different BIN that has a matched XDF and that together, the two support the changes your vehicle needs. This is easier than you might think.

There's plenty else to discuss here about other things inside your PCM. It was merely a few months ago that I was struggling with all of this and I understand your difficulties.

Rick

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the detailed answer. In my case, the bean file
    Express 2001-02, and the file will be downloaded raw without any adjustments, since there are no HPTuners. I admire elcamino!
    Last edited by Jimmy; 03-30-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Honorable public)! My question is still on the agenda, so please respond. My question is, does the binfile have VATS? Or not? Specific file chevy Express 2001-02 2wd. Please forgive me for bothering you.

Fuel Injected!
    If you are referring to the file named: 2002 Chevrolet Express Van Automatic L31 5.7L 4L60e 2wd (12212156) Lean Cruise.bin then yes, the VATS is disabled.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you very much. For the fact that you paid attention.

Fuel Injected!
    Good day people. I have something similar. Project chevy s10, after implementing the L31 Vortec engine, I downloaded a bin file in a nearby branch. with the help of my friend, I downloaded the program to pcm. But for the second week I can't understand why the transmission doesn't work (there are no errors). And throws out the code for the p1345 engine. Trambler and placemarks have already been checked several times. Camshaft and crankshaft sensors have been replaced. If anyone can help, please tell me.

Fuel Injected!
    Which transmission?

Do you have any movement of the vehicle in Drive or Reverse?

Rick

Fuel Injected!
    Hello dear bombardier. The transmission has forward and backward movement. Oddly enough, with the lauche x431 scanner, I can see all the solinoids and activate them. The shift relay does not work, i.e. the pcm does not see which transmission is on. Before I programmed the pcm, I had already connected all the pins. And I saw on the dashboard what position the transmission is in and now it's not.

Fuel Injected!
    If this is an electronic transmission such as a 4L60E or a 4L80E or maybe even newer, I think it is in "limp mode". This means that it has lost 12 volt power or contact with the PCM somehow.

How much transmission fluid is in it? Quite often, they are under filled.

Rick

Fuel Injected!
    Yes, I understand that the level must be mandatory. 12 volts is on the green transmission connector, and with the help of a scanner when activating the solinoid, you can hear clicks from the transmission. The relay should send a signal to the PCM in the form of a ground combination. A. B. C. D. But for some reason the PCM does not see this. Combination of ground signals. For example A -. B -. C nothing. D-nothing. This is a Park. And I see them near pcm. I have the impression that the transmission is not working due to an error in the p1345 engine. Or because the pcm can't see the position of the transmission relay.
    Last edited by Jimmy; 05-02-2020 at 09:53 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry people. Again, I have questions about swap. Maybe I'm using the wrong scheme? You can find circuits or throw off the connection of engine components. for express 2001 5.7 4l60e.